So....the "consensus" on global warming was a crock all along? - Page 202 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:32 AM   #4021
Black///M

My Ride: 2004 M3 Coupe
Black///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:57 AM   #4022
ti317

My Ride: 02 330ci coupe 5 spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black///M View Post

Don’t you see the danger?

Climate change is going to cause massive amounts of water to precipitate in the Saharan region, causing massive flooding, death, and destruction!

Run, Forest! Run!
Old 01-12-2018, 10:29 AM   #4023
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
that only proves that it is hotter than it's ever been
Old 01-12-2018, 10:43 AM   #4024
Cabrio330

My Ride: 2013 F30 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
lol at settled.
Since you and I seem to have a communication failure about pay gaps, I feel it is important to point out that my post was sarcastic. Just in case you didn't pick that up. If you did and are likewise being sarcastic, well then have a pleasant day.

Last edited by Cabrio330; 01-12-2018 at 10:43 AM.
Cabrio330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:49 PM   #4025
Rhumb

My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Quote:

weath·er
***712;weT***863;H***601;r
noun
1. the state of the atmosphere at a place and time as regards heat, dryness, sunshine, wind, rain, etc.

cli·mate
***712;kl***299;mit
noun: climate; plural noun: climates
the weather conditions prevailing in an area in general or over a long period.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:24 PM   #4026
Black///M

Well smarty pants where have the climate changed in the last 100 years? Have the cold north eastern side of the USA become tropical? Has the everglades stop being a swamp? The answer is no. Now, the petrified forest in Arizona, that was a serious climate change...a few millions years ago! The land bridge between Asia and North America that disappeared a few thousand years ago, that was climate change. Now tell me, was Anthropogenic Global Warming the cause of that climate change?
Old 01-12-2018, 09:09 PM   #4027
Act of God

Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Yeah but it's now 0.004 degrees warmer than 1997, we're all gonna die
Old 01-15-2018, 08:13 AM   #4028
Black///M

A different perspective/approach:

Old 01-15-2018, 10:39 AM   #4029
Rhumb

Quote:
Well smarty pants where have the climate changed in the last 100 years? Have the cold north eastern side of the USA become tropical? Has the everglades stop being a swamp? The answer is no. Now, the petrified forest in Arizona, that was a serious climate change...a few millions years ago! The land bridge between Asia and North America that disappeared a few thousand years ago, that was climate change. Now tell me, was Anthropogenic Global Warming the cause of that climate change?
Wow, this is filled with so much denialist whack-a-mole bunk that we're going to need a bigger Internet to fit all the wrong in.

Last edited by Rhumb; 01-15-2018 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:21 PM   #4030
ed17331

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
Wow, this is filled with so much denialist whack-a-mole bunk that we're going to need a bigger Internet to fit all the wrong in.
Or you could just answer his questions (if you can).
ed17331 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 01:38 PM   #4031
Cabrio330

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed17331 View Post
Or you could just answer his questions (if you can).
A little patience, please. It takes awhile for dhumb to create unrelated charts to try to fool you. It was too easy to debunk his last foolishness so he has to work a little harder.

Quote:
Oh really, Very Stable Genius:
  • Greg Gianforte (R-MT) pled guilty to charge of assault.
  • Dennis Hastert (R-IL) Speaker of the United States House of Representatives pleaded guilty in court for illegally structuring bank transactions related to payment of $3.5 million to quash allegations of sexual misconduct with a student when he was a high school teacher and coach decades ago.
  • Michael Grimm (R-NY) pleaded guilty of felony tax evasion.
  • Trey Radel (R-FL) was convicted of possession of cocaine in November 2013.
  • Rick Renzi (R-AZ) was found guilty on 17 of 32 counts against him June 12, 2013, including wire fraud, conspiracy, extortion, racketeering, money laundering and making false statements to insurance regulators.
  • Mark E. Fuller (R) U.S. District Judge was found guilty of domestic violence and sentenced to 24 weeks of family and domestic training and forced to resign his position.
  • Bob Ney (R-OH) pleaded guilty to conspiracy and making false statements as a result of his receiving trips from Abramoff in exchange for legislative favors. Ney received 30 months in prison.
  • Duke Cunningham (R-CA) pleaded guilty November 28, 2005, to charges of conspiracy to commit bribery, mail fraud, wire fraud and tax evasion in what came to be called the Cunningham scandal and was sentenced to over eight years in prison.
  • Bill Janklow (R-SD) was convicted of second-degree manslaughter for running a stop sign and killing a motorcyclist. Resigned from the House and given 100 days in the county jail and three years probation.
  • DONALD E. "BUZ" LUKENS (R-OH): In 1989 was convicted of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
  • Wes Cooley (R-OR), Cooley was convicted of having lied on the 1994 voter information pamphlet about his service in the Army. He was fined and sentenced to two years probation.
  • David Durenberger (R-MN), In 1995 he pled guilty to 5 misdemeanor counts of misuse of public funds and was given one years probation
  • Richard Kelly (R-FL) Accepted $25K and then claimed he was conducting his own investigation into corruption. Served 13 months
  • Vito Fossella (R-New York) US Congressman convicted of drunken driving in 2008, later appealed but then pled guilty in 2009 to same charge.
  • Larry Craig Senator (R-Idaho) - Married Senator and critic of Clinton's affair, pled guilty to disorderly conduct in a Minneapolis airport men's room in June, after having been arrested on a charge of homosexual lewd conduct. (2007)

And a bit more broadly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
Dear God, you are a complete moron. Here is the link the Mother Jones piece (of sh!t):

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dru...9-democrats-1/

There we find this passage:

So, let's go check that Wikipedia source you and Mother Jones cite:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

And let's confirm their claim that only 1 Democrat has been convicted, under Clinton. There we find:

Yep, there it is, only 1 Democrat. But wait a minute, what do we find directly below that?

Why, I count 10 convicted Democrats, just during Clinton's term! How can that be? Mother Jones told us there was only 1 conviction. Oh, I see, it's because you are a moron and posted a chart and story about Executive Branch members who have been convicted while trying to fool us into thinking it was a chart and story about Congressional members who have been convicted. You know, "Put the Con in Congress."

I am kidding though. I know you weren't trying to fool us. You're just not very smart.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:03 PM   #4032
Black///M

Quote:

The temp difference of .08 degrees only means the earth temperature is more stable than my computer controlled A/C system in my house!!!
Old 01-17-2018, 06:23 PM   #4033
Rhumb

Quote:

The temp difference of .08 degrees only means the earth temperature is more stable than my computer controlled A/C system in my house!!!
Which says much more about your house's computer controlled A/C system than your understanding of AGW.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:19 PM   #4034
Cabrio330

Quote:
Which says much more about your house's computer controlled A/C system than your understanding of AGW.
Your mike's not on.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:35 AM   #4035
Rhumb

2017 Among Warmest Years On Record http://n.pr/2FQIEj9

"2017 was among the warmest years on record, according to new data released by NASA and the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration.

The planet's global surface temperature last year was second warmest since 1880, NASA says. NOAA calls it the third warmest year on record, due to slight variation in the ways that they analyze temperatures.

"Both analyses show that the five warmest years on record have all taken place since 2010," NASA said in a press release.

The trend is seen most dramatically in the Arctic, NASA says, as sea ice continues to melt.

"Despite colder than average temperatures in any one part of the world, temperatures over the planet as a whole continue the rapid warming trend we've seen over the last 40 years," said Gavin Schmidt, the director of NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies."
Old 01-18-2018, 10:50 AM   #4036
SamDoe1

My Ride: Economy Hatchback
^ NASA is fake news, what do they know about actual scientific research? Going to continue to read the right wing websites to get my science fix going.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:42 PM   #4037
Act of God

"0.02 hotter, 0.2 margin of error" - typical findings
Old 01-18-2018, 01:00 PM   #4038
SamDoe1

My Ride: Economy Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
"0.02 hotter, 0.2 margin of error" - typical findings
Zero understanding in how science works - typical finding.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:19 PM   #4039
ti317

My Ride: 02 330ci coupe 5 spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Zero understanding in how science works - typical finding.

Then try this for size:

Current temperature measurements are done by sophisticated remote sensors from hundreds if not thousands of data points.

Temperatures in 1880 were logged from mercury thermometers in a Stevenson screen and accumulated from tens, if not dozens of data points. Vast regions of the world were inaccessible, due to physical and political limitations.

Ocean temperature mapping was rudimentary at best in the 19th and early 20th Century. Position fixing was beyond crude, bathymetry was accurate to tens of feet in depth, deep ocean current mapping was in its infancy.

The point of this is that any comparison of current climatic measurements with those from 1880, are done by extrapolation and WAG assessments. So calm down.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:20 PM   #4040
Cabrio330

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti317 View Post
Then try this for size:

Current temperature measurements are done by sophisticated remote sensors from hundreds if not thousands of data points.

Temperatures in 1880 were logged from mercury thermometers in a Stevenson screen and accumulated from tens, if not dozens of data points. Vast regions of the world were inaccessible, due to physical and political limitations.

Ocean temperature mapping was rudimentary at best in the 19th and early 20th Century. Position fixing was beyond crude, bathymetry was accurate to tens of feet in depth, deep ocean current mapping was in its infancy.

The point of this is that any comparison of current climatic measurements with those from 1880, are done by extrapolation and WAG assessments. So calm down.
Oh sure, I bet you think Tiger Woods drives the ball further than Francis Ouimet merely because of equipment differences rather than the more plausible Anthropological Golf Distance Change.