Hey look it's another hate crime hoax! - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:49 PM   #1
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Hey look it's another hate crime hoax!

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/02/...mophobic-hoax/

Well what do you know, another fake that was allegedly “attempting to spur a healthy discourse on a highly passionate topic.”

You know the usual suspects picked it up

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/0...irthday-Invite

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4776658.html

My question is, if this kind of thing is so prevalent and an indication of an epidemic of hate why does the left have to manufacture instances for theatrics?

Last edited by Act of God; 04-01-2016 at 12:56 PM. Reason: better description
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:08 PM   #2
badfast

My Ride: A car
because the right has a monopoly on virtue.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:12 PM   #3
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
All emotion

No brains
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:33 PM   #4
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
in before the usual suspects

didn't ABC doctor George Zimmerman's footage of when he was in the police station?

(and now this thread is about GZ and TM)

Last edited by MDydinanM; 02-18-2014 at 06:35 PM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:46 PM   #5
Fergo
Banned User

My Ride: still a gay 135i
Lmao people that pull the that **** are ****in pathetic ****s
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:05 PM   #6
Act of God

Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
in before the usual suspects

didn't ABC doctor George Zimmerman's footage of when he was in the police station?

(and now this thread is about GZ and TM)
Yes, they did.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:01 PM   #7
Lair

My Ride: e90,e90, $5k Boxster

I can do a whole thread on rightwing Obama hoaxes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:16 PM   #8
Act of God

lol recycling again

double lol, benghazihoax.org isn't even a website

triple lol the ebt-weed thing was a comedy/satire bit, check snopes

so yeah, you're left with 2008 Obama chick. Wow, excellent work detective.

Last edited by Act of God; 02-18-2014 at 08:20 PM.
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:17 PM   #9
evolved

My Ride: 2015 Chevy SS

Present
2015 Chevrolet SS
Past
2011 BMW 335d, 2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:55 PM   #10
Lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
lol recycling again

double lol, benghazihoax.org isn't even a website

triple lol the ebt-weed thing was a comedy/satire bit, check snopes

so yeah, you're left with 2008 Obama chick. Wow, excellent work detective.
Don't look at me, bro. I just c/p'ed from a 'rightwing hoax' google image page. It's benghazihoax.com. http://benghazihoax.com/

How about Obama's a Muslim?

Obama's born in Kenya?

Obama's college ID?

I guess those aren't really hoaxes. They're just straight-out lies.

Last edited by Lair; 02-18-2014 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:39 AM   #11
bagher
Account closed.

Send a message via AIM to bagher
Quote:
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/02/...mophobic-hoax/

Well what do you know, another fake that was allegedly “attempting to spur a healthy discourse on a highly passionate topic.”

You know the usual suspects picked it up

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/0...irthday-Invite

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4776658.html

My question is, if this kind of thing is so prevalent and an indication of an epidemic of hate why does the left have to manufacture instances for theatrics?
no one is defending this behavior. these people aren't politicians, and were punished. the same cannot be said for the other side.
bagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:12 AM   #12
Act of God

hey we got another one!

http://www.gvsu.edu/gvnow/index.htm?...D4B3682F87C10B
Quote:
The Grand Valley State University Police Department has concluded a thorough investigation of the Racial Bias incident reported on February 17, 2014. The person believed to be responsible for the drawing and language written on the dry erase board is a Grand Valley student and the owner of the message board.

The incident has had a disruptive impact on the community and as a result, the student has been referred to the Dean of Students for a student code violation. University policy does not permit the release of his/her name.

Additionally, the Grand Valley Police Department recognizes that there are bias incidents that take place in our community, so the department, in partnership with many other departments and individuals, remains involved and interested in raising awareness through educational opportunities to help prevent discrimination in any form.

We would like to remind our faculty, staff and students, there is a mechanism in place to report bias incidents. All reports submitted are reviewed, assigned and investigated by the appropriate departments.
Quote:
A Grand Valley State University student who claimed to be the victim of racist messages fabricated the incident, campus officials have determined.

In February, an African-American student reported that someone left racist messages and drawings on a whiteboard outside of their dorm room at Copeland Living Center on the Allendale, Michigan campus. The messages included anti-black phrases and a drawing of a person being hanged.

But police say that the markings were self-inflicted.

"The person believed to be responsible for the drawing and language written on the dry erase board is a Grand Valley student and the owner of the message board,"said Grand Valley police department chief Renee Freeman in a statement released Friday.

Campus officials and students denounced the act when it was assumed to be racially motivated.

"It clearly was a very hateful and intimidating act," said GVSU dean of students Bart Merkle, reported the Grand Rapids Press at the time. "That's not OK. We're a university that cares deeply about how people are treated."

"(Harassment), it's like rape or incest or any other hateful, power crime that gets very minimally reported," said GVSU provost Gayle Davis, according to the Grand Valley Lanthorn. "We can get things out of the climate study and know there's a problem, but it's very hard to pinpoint who's doing it and who's being victimized by it."

Outraged student groups and members of GVSU faculty planned a teach-in which is set to take place on March 26.

The schedule for the teach-in shows events lasting throughout the entire day, from 8 a.m. until 9:50 p.m. covering topics on not just race issues but also other social justice subject matter.

In an event titled "Micro-aggressions: It all adds up" event participants "will engage participants around the idea of White Supremacy at GVSU through an intersectional lens, thus making the connections between White Supremacy, Patriarchy, Homophobia/Transphobia, Ableism, Christian Supremacy and Classism."

Other teach-in events include "Putting the Pieces of Autism Together" and "Constructing Gender on Campus" and "The Invisible Privilege of Being Able-Bodied."

In her statement, Chief Freeman acknowledged that the fabricated incident has been a distraction to the 25,000 student school just outside of Grand Rapids.
"The incident has had a disruptive impact on the community and as a result, the student has been referred to the Dean of Students for a student code violation," said Chief Freeman in Friday's statement, adding that the name and gender of the student will not be released.

But the phony claim of a racist act did not fully deter Freeman from addressing campus racism.

"Additionally, the Grand Valley Police Department recognizes that there are bias incidents that take place in our community, so the department, in partnership with many other departments and individuals, remains involved and interested in raising awareness through educational opportunities to help prevent discrimination in any form."

Neither Davis nor Merkle responded to The Daily Caller News Foundation's requests for comment. It is unclear whether the March 26 teach-in will still take place.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:56 AM   #13
Lair

So no proof that it's a hoax. Campus police "believe" it's a hoax.

Nice work, Jimi.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #14
HacksawMark
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2014 Subaru XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post

Nice work, Jimi.

Hmmm, what has your investigation turned up into the matter?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
HacksawMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:50 PM   #15
Act of God

Quote:

Nice work, Jimi.
The student is going to be disciplined, I think their investigation was pretty clear. Another attention whoring libtard creating intolerance when they can't find it out in the wild.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:55 PM   #16
Zell

My Ride: so turbo wow
lol, "attempting to spur a healthy discourse on a highly passionate topic."

Seriously?

A "healthy discourse" is "Let's hold a short debate and discuss our differences, and why we believe them. I will give you x amount of time to share your opinion, and you will give me x amount of time to share my opinion. We will then respond to questions in an attempt to understand the opposing person's views in order to better grasp the reasons why each person believes their opinion. And after that, we'll go drink beer. If we're really lucky, someone's getting a blowjorb later."

Not "Let's post a fake thing and hopefully get press attention on it. That's SUPER HEALTHY UNBIASED DISCOURSE"

Zell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:09 PM   #17
Lair

Quote:
The student is going to be disciplined, I think their investigation was pretty clear. Another attention whoring libtard creating intolerance when they can't find it out in the wild.
They "BELIEVE" he did it.

No proof.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:35 PM   #18
HacksawMark
OEM ///Member

Quote:
They "BELIEVE" he did it.

No proof.

Obviously, you don't believe the story. What exactly led you to that conclusive assumption?

Old 03-26-2014, 06:16 PM   #19
5ynd1cat3

My Ride: pisses off liberals
Quote:
Originally Posted by HacksawMark View Post
Obviously, you don't believe the story. What exactly led you to that conclusive assumption?

Iraq.

5ynd1cat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:48 PM   #20
HacksawMark
OEM ///Member

The Grand Valley Police Dept is in Iraq? Are you sure????