E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Tuning for BMS46

186K views 321 replies 61 participants last post by  LysyZe46 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys!
I have bmw z3 1.9 restyling, with 194E1 engine (86Kw for 1500kg of car).
One day, i was driving on highway, and a dude in a smart brabus, raced with me. i lose.
Next day, i put a kompressor of clk 220 under my hood :excited:
seriously, i can't stand that a beautiful car like z3, has only poor Horse.
Under advice of daniel_f , i post this thread. he tell me that a lot of guys are still because bms is an hard battle. SO, i know a bit of ecu tuning and know some address tested on my car. if you want we can begin this adventure on study this ecu.
In this ecu there is a 29F200BB. i have 2 file, one is whole eprom,(it isn't from my car but from the same ecu) and one is 32kb(read with galletto or mpps). we need to study on this short file because it is the simplest method for tune this ecu.
sorry for my bad english

#212 ·
So i just got a BMS46 to test with my new Kess/Ktag.
Is it possible to realign my used bought bms46 with my stock ews ?

Is it enough to change vin on DME and copy the isn from EWS to DME so they have both the same values?

People often speak about virginize ECUS, how do they do this ?
Just correcting the VIN and ISN ?

#223 ·
Hi guys.
Can someone tell is it possible to disable rear lambda?
I cant figure out whats wrong with this engine.. or my catalytic converter is dead.
Changed rear lambda several times, but no luck, fault code is 141 lambda regulation.
Idle is very lumpy.. 700- 900 rpm

Attachments

#243 ·
If you go to local tuners you will pay much more, and to turbo this car you will find a lot of troubles and with engine and with tuning, so if you think it is cheaper to break your engine, go on and good luck! I understand if you want to learn tuning, but you have read and researched a lot. If you only want a turbo 318i, it is cheaper and safer to pay others with knowledge to do it.