E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Official thread for people with non-working Launch Control

30K views 89 replies 21 participants last post by  M.Blacktree 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello guys,

i´d like to bundle the information of you guys that have a non-working launch control, to get an idea whats going on.

Therefore i need some info:

1. what exact file did you flash
2. what exact xdf are you using
3. did you modify anything on the tune before or after flashing
4. what engine are you running
5. what gearbox does the car have
6. what diff are you using
7. whats the behaviour of the launch control passing launch rpm
8. upload your latest full flash file where LC does not work and drop me a PM with the link

Lets try to work out whats going on :banghead::hi:

Edit:

Implementation of non-variable LaunchControl is pretty simple. It just measures and compares a few values/conditions that need to be match.

Here´s whats done:
1. DME compares if config switch for launch control is 1, if not it´ll leave LC function
2. DME looks up if clutch pedal is pressed, if not it´ll leave LC function
3. DME compares actual rpm with selected LC rpm, if its below it´ll leave LC function
4. DME compares actual accelerator pedal angle with selected angle, if its below it`ll leave LC function
5. DME compares actual vehicle speed with selected VS limit, if its above it´ll leave LC function
6. DME compares actual coolant temp with selected treshold, if its below it´ll leave the LC function
7. DME sets hardlimiter and softlimiter according to the choosen LC rpm treshold

So, you there are just a few conditions that need to be set/matched to make LC work on every MS43 manual car. You should try taking a look if the DME senses the clutch switch by having a look at INPA´s digital signal tab.

Interim solution until we finally find the problem thats causing this mess:

PW -> PN

File is designed to ONLY work with manual M54B25 cars, you must not flash a car with automatic gearbox with this software.

http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/1LE2yHjF/file.html

Modded xdf file to only match the upper flash file!
http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/uorA99c3/file.html

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
1. flashed "MS430056_M54B25_Logger_EWSsignature_CHK5off_LC.bin"
2. using "MS430056_64kb_Eng_Level_Launch.xdf"
3. set speed limit to max, bumped up rev limit, forced ob readiness
4. M54B25
5. 5 Speed Manual Getrag
6. 3.15 factory dif
7. At stand still in 1 st with clutch in when i floor it, RPM just shoots straight to redline
8. in your inbox :)

#4 · (Edited)
2002 325xi Sedan

3. Launch RPM and pedal position (lowered both)
4. M54B25
5. 5 Speed Manual
6. 3.23 factory diff
7. Stopped in 1st with clutch in RPM grabs at 2500 (set point) for a split second and then goes to redline.
8. I hope this is what you were looking for.... (Inside the "Take 1" folder) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uth10670bqot8cj/AADA8IoBk10yh_Wy-20DD5b4a?dl=0

#5 · (Edited)
I flashed LC today to a DME from another car, a 2001 330Ci w. Manual Trans. My car is a 2002 325i.

3. Launch RPM set to 2496 and pedal position to 69.
4. M54B25
5. 5 Speed Manual
6. 3.46 Diff from an Auto
7. I had some weird behavior because it worked a few times, held RPM to near 3k on the cluster then dropped close to 2500.
Other times it bounces off around 3k on the cluster 1, 2 or 3 times then shoots up. I thought it had something to do with the clutch switch or the car rolling but I havent done enough testing to be sure.
8. I'll send you the 64k now if that helps but if you need the full flash I'll get it. I flashed the above LC full file then used Galletto to get the 64k, changed the RPM and Pedal Position, then reflashed with Galletto.

I'd like to figure out how to code a more definitive limit instead of a 500 RPM bounce, like in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYzAt_sIEkM

Last but not least thanks for all your help and info you've made public.

#9 ·
I think daniel changed max rpm limit on gear 0 , i looked up on tunerpro , and i noticed on gear 0 hard limiter rpm was set to 3000 something , and soft 3020 something , so i guess with that flash you cant rev your car at idle more than 3 k , but you have LC now))

#22 ·
Yes, in the case of THAT particular file those values are no longer important. Just leave the file as it is, flash it onto DME, take the engine for a short ride and test if RPM is limited at ~3000rpm when clutch is pressed and that the normal rpm limiter for neutral gear is working when clutch pedal is not pressed.

I simply changed the code to switch between manual gearbox rpm limiter and auto gearbox rpm limiter, It´ll behave like a LC and its tuneable like to other version. :hi:

I just need to change the xdf for that particular software to remove that glitch and make it easy to tune. Unfortunally i can only do so if this tweak does the job for all of you, so its crucial that i get feedback...

No feedback, no progress :thumbdwn:

#31 · (Edited)
Hi there,,

LC isn't working on my 330 as it supposed to do (clutch switch is working fine)

1. what exact file did you flash -- MS430056_M54B30_Logger_EWSsignature_CHK5off_LC.bin
2. what exact xdf are you using -- XDF_MS430056_64kb_Eng_Level_Launch.rar.xdf
3. did you modify anything on the tune before or after flashing -- Exhaust Popping, the vanos tweak, different throttle map, LC rpm to 2464,LC_Vmax to 8kmh, PVSmin to 52°
4. what engine are you running -- m54b30
5. what gearbox does the car have -- 6Speed manual
6. what diff are you using -- stock
7. whats the behaviour of the launch control passing launch rpm -- bouncing once at 3k once, then to redline*
8. upload your latest full flash file where LC does not work and drop me a PM with the link - pn box full :p

*lc works when i'm in neutral, when i put in first gear it does as described above

Could it be, that it has something to do with temperature? it currently -11°C outside and my interior heating is not working (heater valve died 2 days ago) :/

#33 · (Edited)
Could it be, that it has something to do with the gear setting? There are always gear 0-5 in the xdf and in the a2l. How do the dme know if i'm currently in the 6th gear if G0 is neutral and what tables it is using?

What is if we enable LC for G0-5 and remove one gear by another to try if we get the right one...

>>just an idea, don't know if it makes sense

-f

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.