E46 Fanatics Forum banner

E46 won't idle

999 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Ami 
#1 ·
So a few months ago me and my friend did the valve cover gasket, OFHG, and installed a catch can all at the same time. After this work I started getting misfiring here and there. I switched coils around, and sometimes it would move with the coil, and sometimes it would not move. Also I got an issue with idle speed where it would not drop down quickly, it would get stuck around 1200rmp for a couple sec and then drop. With a code clear it would all go away for a bit, then it would come back. I haven't been driving it much but I want to get it figured out. Now it will start misfiring when it is idling for more than about 30 seconds. I know you are not supposed to let these idle for long but I am sitting in traffic and it starts misfiring? That can't be right. I put some dielectric grease in between the pugs and coils. It runs fine otherwise when normal driving. When it starts misfiring I turn it off and start it back up and it goes away. Any ideas?
03 330ci vert if that matters
Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.