E46 Fanatics Forum banner

High Mileage Auto Trans Service

666 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Bidno 
#1 ·
Greetings! I have a question based on the title of this post. It's been my experience and understanding with automatic transmissions however not BMW but Mostly GM and the American big 3 that if you regularly do the service on an automatic transmission it is good. However doing it on a high mileage transmission that hasn't had it done regularly that it is basically a death sentence for the transmission soon to come. I just purchased a beautiful extremely clean 2001 Topez Blue 330i with 175K on it and my mechanic said the trans fluid is filthy and it needs to be serviced. A coworker has a 2004 325i with 210K on it with no trans service for 100K, shifts smooth and fine and also has the same thinking as to not mess with changing the fluid and filter. What are your thoughts and most importantly experiences with this issue in the E46 community. Thank you in advance for your responses....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.