6 speaker upg help pls! (non amp) with my new Avin Avant 4! - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum

BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by BAVSOUND

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2019, 08:57 AM   #1
aussie_e46

My Ride: e46 318i facelift se
6 speaker upg help pls! (non amp) with my new Avin Avant 4!

hi guys. I've just purchased the maddest hu I could find for the e46.. the new Avin Avant 4. looks so factory even the buttons.. has BMW iBUS so can code some things, shows parking sensors, heaps of cool stuff.. it arrives tomorrow (fingers crossed)

I have the standard 6 speaker setup (euro non HK, no amp) and want advice on speaker upgrade with minimal fuss and no amp.

the Avin Avant pumps out 4 x 48w with its mosfet quad bridge built in power amp, straight into the factory harness

I've spent hours researching.. found only crap bmw ones (no way they're paper!) the bavsound (great), and found a german company ESX audio that make factory fit (exact fit no spacers) with their vs165c speakers but pretty expensive $270 delivered to australia (but only 129 euro.. damn!) for the 6.5" front mids + tweeter pairs, and another $190 for the 6.5" rear deck pair to australia (79 euro.. wish I could get at that price).. but nothing else reqd so saves on spacers and time modding BUT I CANT FIND ANY REVIEWS!

Anyone installed these b4 or even heard of them?

they are:-
160mm polypropylene woofers 4 ohm
25mm silk neodymium tweeters
12db crossovers

80 watts rms - 160 watts max.

so seem the business but hate buying things with no reviews..

I've also gone thru crutchfield website to see what they think fits, but all need spacers (found the scosche spacers tip handy) the usual suggestions.. rock fosgate, kicker, mtx, sound ord, etc
heaps cheaper this way but then I'm trying to match ohms etc.. and do a stack of spacers, wire splicing, etc

anyone tried these or can suggest their 6 speaker (non amp, euro) upgrade successes would be a great help.. want my new $800 hu to rock!

-randall
australia
2003 e46 facelift sedan

PS and no i'm not going to amp and sub it, b4 u suggest.. not until I buy my m3/330ci and take this head unit with me(!) so dont want to waste too much on speakers

Last edited by aussie_e46; 06-19-2019 at 02:01 PM. Reason: typo
aussie_e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:32 AM   #2
Overboost
//Binary is in my DNA

My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_e46 View Post
I have the standard 6 speaker setup (euro non HK, no amp) and want advice on speaker upgrade with minimal fuss and no amp.

anyone tried these or can suggest their 6 speaker (non amp, euro) upgrade successes would be a great help.. want my new $800 hu to rock!

PS and no i'm not going to amp and sub it, b4 u suggest.. not until I buy my m3/330ci and take this head unit with me(!) so dont want to waste too much on speakers
Quote:
HI - I just bought the same unit and have the 6 speaker (non AMP / euro) system, can someone please help and reply to my (separate) thread with suggestions.. been days and no one seems to know / want to give advice.. or isnt this forum used anymore...?
I used the Bavsound speaker kit with their sub enclosure and sub amp and called it a day. Sounds great with the factory nav head unit but $1600 USD by the time I was all in.

Digital Competition Systems
The older I get... The faster I was...
No Fear

Last edited by Overboost; 06-07-2019 at 07:34 AM.
Overboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:21 AM   #3
aussie_e46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
I used the Bavsound speaker kit with their sub enclosure and sub amp and called it a day. Sounds great with the factory nav head unit but $1600 USD by the time I was all in.
I simply couldnt afford that.. thanks anyway but that's way out of my price league

looking for other options

2003 e46 facelift sedan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2019, 01:43 PM   #4
aussie_e46

Quote:
I simply couldnt afford that.. thanks anyway but that's way out of my price league

looking for other options

2003 e46 facelift sedan
Solved! I bought the German made ESX VS 165cm Vision woofers (mid bass for rear shelf) and components and woofers (mid bass) for front doors.. very sweet and 3 hole completely plug n play custom made for the e46! Fraction of the price

Sent from my SM-G935F using E46Fanatics mobile app

Last edited by aussie_e46; 06-19-2019 at 01:47 PM.