DIY E46 Media Centre: MP3, videos, Digital Radio, Digital TV? - Page 48 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum

BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by BAVSOUND

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 69 votes, 4.99 average. Display Modes
Old 12-31-2015, 08:10 AM   #941
makinist99

My Ride: e39
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteAU View Post
Thank you for your sharing.
Could you share your pcb design files
Are you still sending blank pcb?
makinist99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 07:35 AM   #942
miikew

My Ride: X3 E83
Hi all,
Pete, thnx for sharing code of pibus, didn't noticed it earlier
i have problem with volume in kodi, after fresh install i have volume somewhere around 70%, i think i increase volume everywhere to 100% but maybe i missed smth, can someone tell me where to look for for an option that i could missed ?
miikew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 08:48 AM   #943
lobocobra

My Ride: BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTom View Post
Hi

all stuff is inside zip file http://proin.ktu.lt/~zumbtoma/e83/current_config.zip

Skin, plugins, pibus source files (designed for E83 only).

Pibus software generates data.xml file. This file is read by service.IBUS and displayed in Kody by script.OBC.
much appreciated bigTom, I will start to work on it, as soon my wife let me do that :-)
=> btw nice work...

Last edited by lobocobra; 01-01-2016 at 09:03 AM.
lobocobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2016, 08:57 AM   #944
lobocobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by miikew View Post
Hi all,
Pete, thnx for sharing code of pibus, didn't noticed it earlier
i have problem with volume in kodi, after fresh install i have volume somewhere around 70%, i think i increase volume everywhere to 100% but maybe i missed smth, can someone tell me where to look for for an option that i could missed ?
1) you could connect temporarely a keyboard to your Raspi USB and use the +/- to change volume, see the codes here
OR
2) you install a WLAN like described in my solution (a bit up) and then you can change the volume from your phone (yatse app for example)
3) if you want to amplify the sound you find a youtube video

Last edited by lobocobra; 01-01-2016 at 09:01 AM.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:07 AM   #945
miikew

i have wifi usb dongle in rpi, i have access to ssh (also yatse and kore), everywhere i turn volume to 100%, however after reinstaling openelec i noticed volume lvl on ~70% of volume lvl
is this amplifications from movie above somehow decrease sound quality ?
Old 01-02-2016, 06:34 PM   #946
spudooli

My Ride: E39 540i
Summer disappeared here for the last 3 days with persistent rain, so I've spent the time working on an updated skin that fits my screen better.

It's here if you want some of it - https://github.com/spudooli/skin.mimic - hit the download zip button and put it into your add-ons directory. All kudos to bryanbrazil of course for a great original skin that was so easy to hack about with for a low res screen.

It's based on a much later version of Mimic (2.3) which is best for Kodi Isengard. I think it's best with the vertical menu and I've only updated the text sizes for Roboto so you'll need to set both on the Skin Settings page. Given I don't intend to ever watch movies in my car I've also only updated the music related screens.

I've removed a bunch of superfluous stuff (like star ratings, artist names in some places, album year, genre and artist bios etc) that don't fit in small resolution screens. Font sizes have been bumped to make reading it all easier. All the other screens I've left alone as it makes configuring everything easier in the house on the big screen easier if they still exist.

Right now I'm monkeying with a home screen now playing widget.

And if you don't own an E39, you can change the background image. It's called default_bg.jpg in the backgrounds directory/
spudooli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 07:41 PM   #947
PeteAU

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobocobra View Post
much appreciated bigTom, I will start to work on it, as soon my wife let me do that :-)
=> btw nice work...
I'm happy to accept patches to the main pibus code, so everyone can use it. It just has to be neat and tidy, consistent code style and not break something.

IMO it would be neat to display the coolant and outside temp at the top of every Kodi screen, there's plenty of room for it.
PeteAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 04:45 AM   #948
miikew

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudooli View Post
Summer disappeared here for the last 3 days with persistent rain/
Greetings from Kraków/poland with -16oC.......
Old 01-03-2016, 07:47 AM   #949
lobocobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeathSpirit View Post
Same here. I've tested with and without the -r flag, and the sound is not changed.

Thx lobocobra for your sharing, i have to take a look at your skin !
Hi TheDeathSpirit
I fix my problem as follows and it works now.

What I did wrong:
I created the pibus-event.sh file in windows and copied it to the raspberry with scp. During this process the LineFeed is replaced by "^M" at the end of each line and therefore the commands were not executed under Linux

To check if you have the same issue:
1) Login with SSH on raspi
2) vi /storage/pibus-event.sh
3) control if each linefeed is correct (if the script is exactly correct)
=> thus I can confirm that on reverse gear the sound is now lowered (the error was once again 30cm in front of the screen)

Last edited by lobocobra; 01-03-2016 at 07:48 AM.
Old 01-06-2016, 02:56 PM   #950
timanrebel

My Ride: E83 X3
First of all PeteAU: What an awesome job!

My e83 X3 came without a tv unit, so I just ordered a cheap second hand from Ebay, but it does not come with cables. Do you guys have any tips how to get a harness to connect it to the MK4 Nav or is it possible to build one myself?

I have quite some experience with Kodi and the Pi, so will try to help out with any questions you guys have

Last edited by timanrebel; 01-06-2016 at 02:57 PM.
timanrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 03:39 AM   #951
miikew

i made cable by my self, if you are interested i can send you pictures /schematics
Old 01-07-2016, 03:52 AM   #952
timanrebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by miikew View Post
i made cable by my self, if you are interested i can send you pictures /schematics
That would be great! Thanks a lot. I will PM my email address
Old 01-09-2016, 04:22 AM   #953
nealfromnz

My Ride: 2002 e46
After reading this thread have jumped on the bandwagon and got Petes pibus and tuner kits to replace an old netbook car pc setup.

Hopefully I can contribute to the excellent knowledge sharing within this community and the great engineering work done by Pete.

Plan to install the pi into a cd stacker chassis along with an optical drive (USB bluray). I'll add another USB to optical audio device to plug into an aftermarket audio processor / audio system in my e46
nealfromnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 08:07 AM   #954
rockadoodle

My Ride: Z4M Coupe
DIY E46 Media Centre: MP3, videos, Digital Radio, Digital TV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timanrebel View Post
First of all PeteAU: What an awesome job!

My e83 X3 came without a tv unit, so I just ordered a cheap second hand from Ebay, but it does not come with cables. Do you guys have any tips how to get a harness to connect it to the MK4 Nav or is it possible to build one myself?

I have quite some experience with Kodi and the Pi, so will try to help out with any questions you guys have

Hi timanrebel,

I have also retrofitted a TV Modul in my z4m Coupé and I had also the Problem with the cable. As the E46 and the Z4 (e86/e85) have the mk4 navi i just bought this TV cable from eBay and it works perfect:
http://www.ebay.de/ulk/itm/400839383540

As the e83 also has the mk4 this cable might also work for you.

Last edited by rockadoodle; 01-09-2016 at 08:07 AM.
rockadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:31 AM   #955
timanrebel

Looks exactly like the cable I need! Expensive though.. Will give it a thought. Building it myself also sounds pretty hard, even having the schematics.
Old 01-10-2016, 06:47 PM   #956
nealfromnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by timanrebel View Post
Looks exactly like the cable I need! Expensive though.. Will give it a thought. Building it myself also sounds pretty hard, even having the schematics.
Bimmernav.com had these cables as well. All the video inputs and outputs are terminated with RCA plugs. Not currently on their website but might be worth contacting.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:23 PM   #957
miikew

im trying to find root cause of getting lower volume on RPI than other sources (radio,cd etc), dont know why i cannot set volume by
amixer -c 0 set Master 100%

maybe someone here know how to use this command correctly with pibus and rpi b+ ?
Old 01-13-2016, 12:44 PM   #958
miikew

OpenELEC:~/.kodi/addons # aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac], device 0: HifiBerry DAC HiFi pcm5102a-hifi-0 []
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

this says that it should act as HIFIberry ? but command

OpenELEC:~/.kodi/addons # amixer -c 0 controls
OpenELEC:~/.kodi/addons #

says nothing
Old 01-16-2016, 03:25 AM   #959
nealfromnz

Build is coming along. Just waiting on a slimline sata cable. It's fitting in the old stackers chassis

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 01-16-2016, 03:50 AM   #960
PeteAU

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealfromnz View Post
Build is coming along. Just waiting on a slimline sata cable. It's fitting in the old stackers chassis
Wow, how are you going to power all of that? Because pibus's 5V supply might not be able to cope.
PeteAU is offline   Reply With Quote