Possible GB on the Aluminum Pedals and Floor Mat Plate?? - Page 11 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Site Sponsor Group Buys

Site Sponsor Group Buys
Group buys from the sponsors that support E46Fanatics.com and other approved group buys.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-22-2006, 12:22 PM   #201
SK328CI

My Ride: 2006 Jeep SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by eee4666
On your acc. pedal were your top screws too long? (Not allowing the pedal to fully go down...)
mine were a bit long, thats the only reason i decided to remove the acc pedal altogether and install it that way then shave off the longated screws with a dremel. then i put mine back on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SK328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:39 AM   #202
Hugo780

My Ride: E46,z4,x5
wow i think the m style looks better. omg i ordered the acs.
Hugo780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:16 AM   #203
SK328CI

My Ride: 2006 Jeep SRT8
do you not like the ACS logo? cuz i think thats the only difference

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SK328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:24 PM   #204
Hugo780

My Ride: E46,z4,x5
i ordered ac schnitzer,becuz of the brand, and thought m wouldnt look that great. but by judging at these pics,which werent produced before. i like the m styling better becuz it has some color too it. well either or, its better than my black boring pedals
Hugo780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:07 AM   #205
luckysnafu

My Ride: F30 328|90 332(s52)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eee4666
Im doin my install right now, but have a question...How do you get the chrome peice (The button) onto the E-brake? does the old peice just pull out? can anyone help me out?
You are in for a treat if you want to get off the old black button. I managed to get mine off last night, but it took me about an hour to do it. After pulling off the old black handle I tried with all my might to pull off the black button. That didn't work so I tried pounding it out with a screwdriver. Still no luck there so I put vice grips on it and tried yanking it off that way. No go still so I kept yanking with the vice grips and eventually I yanked out the button AND the rod that it was attached to. I was like, oh ****, and my ebrake no longer clicked up and stayed in the up posotion. The black button was still attached to the rod though (I have pics of the rod but not here at work, I will post them tonight when I get home). I tried everything I could think of to pull off the button and nothing worked and I ended up bending the hell out of the rod. I ended up drilling/melting off the button with a dremel (I have pics of this as well and will post them tonight). The button is held on by grooves in the metal rod so it would take a lot of force to pull it off. After finally getting the button off I put the new chrome button on and it didn't fit very snug but it works. I straightened out the rod as best I could before attempting to put everything back together.

To put the everything back together stick the rod into the brake handle and pound it into place. Attach the chrome button and then slide over the new brake handle. Check to make sure that your brake clicks up and actually holds or something is not right. Attach the leather boot to the brake handle and then screw the handle in and make it secure. That should do it if you put everything together correctly. Here are some pictures I took this morning with my cheap camera to show what it looks like with the chrome button installed. Good luck

luckysnafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:14 AM   #206
tblue3cibm

My Ride: allroad / Hayabusa
How do the floor mat plates attach?

tblue3cibm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:55 PM   #207
luckysnafu

My Ride: F30 328|90 332(s52)
Here are some pictures of what the ebrake button is attached to, a rod with a semicircle on inside end. It just pulls out of the rest of the brake and it attached by pushing it back in. As you can see, there isn't much left of my old black plastic button but I couldn't get it off any other way. You can see that the metal rod has notches in it to hold the button in place.

luckysnafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:23 PM   #208
auburnu008

My Ride: 2003 325i Tiag
lol I have the same thing waiting to be installed. I think I will just keep the black button on there.
auburnu008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:10 AM   #209
eee4666

My Ride: Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckysnafu
Here are some pictures of what the ebrake button is attached to, a rod with a semicircle on inside end. It just pulls out of the rest of the brake and it attached by pushing it back in. As you can see, there isn't much left of my old black plastic button but I couldn't get it off any other way. You can see that the metal rod has notches in it to hold the button in place.
Thanks alot for all the help , but damn i agree with auburnu008 this might have to wait a little bit or not go on at all...
eee4666 is offline   Reply With Quote