*Fiber-Design* GTR side skirts group buy. - Page 3 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Site Sponsor Group Buys

Site Sponsor Group Buys
Group buys from the sponsors that support E46Fanatics.com and other approved group buys.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2006, 01:30 PM   #41
sheefo2k
OEM ///Member

My Ride: vrm psh - 02 325ci
i m intrested check your pm.. i ll put my name

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Performance BMW car
Sponsored by :

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BMW Motorwerks

support:

Old 04-05-2006, 01:33 PM   #42
MahaloM3

My Ride: 03M3 Carbon Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 Dinan 3
ya..i dont really understand why you can't provide us with some sort of clips that you or another company can manufacture so that these fit with ease...

I'd buy them if they were ready to fit like any other sideskirt...i'd be willing to pay a little more for clips...

mahalo!!

SOLD THE M!!!!!!!!!
Hamann PG3's, Front lip,Hamann dtm exhaust.KW V2 coilovers. GTR sides skirts. T1R's.

SoCal Autobroker. Any make or models.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:38 PM   #43
My1stM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAed330
You can customize the OEM clips to mount the GTR sides to the body. It took me about 7 hours to get both sides mounted. It is not an easy task, but if you are anal you will do anything. I am talking about the OEM clips on the inside cuff of the GTR sides, not on the underside of the car.

ASA, I would love to know how you did this. I know it might take you a few minutes to write it up, but you can even send it to me via PM at some point; whenever you get a chance. Ive been trying to do this with my comp skirts and no one can help me. Thanks alot - nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2006, 01:44 PM   #44
Stevo759

My Ride: M5
Send a message via AIM to Stevo759
So these go OVER the OEM sideskirts? so confused

2001 Carbon Black BMW///M5 ............................2001 Turbo Honda S2000
Old 04-05-2006, 02:10 PM   #45
03 Dinan 3

My Ride: VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo759
So these go OVER the OEM sideskirts? so confused
naw...they fit just like normal sideskirts...the only inconvenience (which is a big one I think...) is that you need authentic Hamann clips (which are very expensive) or you need to DIY something to make them fit (glue or custom clips...)

Old 04-05-2006, 02:21 PM   #46
russ330
Mod Squad

My Ride: Motorsport III
Send a message via AIM to russ330
^I always thought they glued on to the stock sideskirts. If they don't then without clips, what do you glue the GTR skirts on to?

Old 04-05-2006, 08:30 PM   #47
HighBoostin330

My Ride: 2002 Stock 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330
7 Hours?!?!

I do like that idea, but I have no idea what I'd be doing so... I dunno.
Well, the last time that I checked, Carlos told me that his 323 uses all OEM clips for the bottomside and the cuff, but then added glue on top of that. If Carlos did it to his car, you can ask Hung to do it for your sideskirt. All I know is that I had to custom mount mines one by one. That is about 20 clips on the cuff and 20 on the underside. It adds up the time pretty quick.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:32 PM   #48
HighBoostin330

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330
^I always thought they glued on to the stock sideskirts. If they don't then without clips, what do you glue the GTR skirts on to?
You use the OEM clips on the bottomside of the car. The inside cuff part of the GTR sides that touches the body is glued onto the car. So the sides are glued directly onto the chasis. I was uncomfortable with that method, which resulted in me having to customized a mounting method.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:36 PM   #49
HighBoostin330

Quote:
Originally Posted by My1stM3
ASA, I would love to know how you did this. I know it might take you a few minutes to write it up, but you can even send it to me via PM at some point; whenever you get a chance. Ive been trying to do this with my comp skirts and no one can help me. Thanks alot - nick
I've tried a writeup, but people still don't understand what I am talking about. Contact [email protected] (fu cy 6 2 6). He is most likely going to pre-mount the customized OEM clips onto the GTR sides, so when the customers get it, it will be just plug and play.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:24 PM   #50
[email protected]

Its either you can mount the clips yourself... or glue the side.. simple as that.

Brian.. thanks for the input. but can you please do it over PM instead.

Thanks,

Hung.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:30 PM   #51
03 Dinan 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Its either you can mount the clips yourself... or glue the side.. simple as that.

Brian.. thanks for the input. but can you please do it over PM instead.

Thanks,

Hung.
what do you mean mount the clips yourself? Would we need to "invent" clips that work?
From what I understand, you can use the OEM clips for the underside, but you glue the cuff? I wouldn't want to glue my sideskirts on...so does that mean I need to get my shop to make some clips for the "cuff"?

me = confused

Old 04-05-2006, 09:37 PM   #52
[email protected]

Quote:
what do you mean mount the clips yourself? Would we need to "invent" clips that work?
From what I understand, you can use the OEM clips for the underside, but you glue the cuff? I wouldn't want to glue my sideskirts on...so does that mean I need to get my shop to make some clips for the "cuff"?

me = confused

You can use the oem cluff and glue it on the side.

As for getting aftermarket ones. Like I said earlier. ONLY the authentic hamann have the aftermarket clips. And to get that clip is to buy the authentic. Trust me, I already tried many times getting it.. even searching hardware stores.. and only hamann motorsport has it.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:39 PM   #53
[email protected]

3 more people guys.. lets make this happen. Once I get 10 people. Then the end of the FG group buy ends. No 11 or 12. Just the lucky 10 people.

FG
1. er1c
2. MahaloM3
3. RRRize
4. XoDuZz
5. 02'topaz
6. Melo Breeze (waiting for pics and Sedan mounting comments)
7. shimajer
Old 04-05-2006, 11:31 PM   #54
03 Dinan 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
You can use the oem cluff and glue it on the side.

As for getting aftermarket ones. Like I said earlier. ONLY the authentic hamann have the aftermarket clips. And to get that clip is to buy the authentic. Trust me, I already tried many times getting it.. even searching hardware stores.. and only hamann motorsport has it.
and what about removing the sideskirt with the glue?

Not being an a$$, just want to make sure I can return my car to stock

Old 04-06-2006, 01:19 AM   #55
libraboy_86

FG
1. er1c
2. MahaloM3
3. RRRize
4. XoDuZz
5. 02'topaz
7. shimajer
8. libraboy_86
Old 04-06-2006, 01:48 AM   #56
[email protected]

Quote:
and what about removing the sideskirt with the glue?

Not being an a$$, just want to make sure I can return my car to stock

Removing the glue is not a problem. With adhesive gun removal tool. Any pro body shop carry this gun.. that strip down the glue. Its a special tool that spins and beat on the glue till its gone. No chemical involved.

We took Carlos's CF gtr off and put it back to stock without any problems what so ever.

Listen to who know best and has deal with glue etc already. Not someone who just think they know everything but has yet never seen the procedure.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:22 PM   #57
Absattack

My Ride: 330cic '02 - M3 '04
FG
1. er1c
2. MahaloM3
3. RRRize
4. XoDuZz
5. 02'topaz
7. shimajer
8. libraboy_86
9. Absattack (shipping to Germany)

Old 04-06-2006, 02:32 PM   #58
Absattack

come on guys JUST 1 !!!

Old 04-07-2006, 01:22 PM   #59
Absattack

FG
1. er1c
2. MahaloM3
3. RRRize
4. XoDuZz
5. 02'topaz
7. shimajer
8. libraboy_86

i have to leave the list... shipping is too much to germany

Old 04-07-2006, 07:59 PM   #60
Dookiegraphics

FG
1. er1c
2. MahaloM3
3. RRRize
4. XoDuZz
5. 02'topaz
7. shimajer
8. libraboy_86
9. do0kiegraphics (waiting for pics and Sedan mounting comments)
Closed Thread