ModBargains | SRS Bumpers and Body Kits Group Buy - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Site Sponsor Group Buys

Site Sponsor Group Buys
Group buys from the sponsors that support E46Fanatics.com and other approved group buys.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2007, 09:07 PM   #21
ari00

My Ride: 04 330ci
Guys, I have to apologize to all who have signed on for this so far but I have to take myself off the list...this blows! Financial circumstances don't allow me to do it for at least a couple months. I hope I can get back on the list soon....

1) Novare330
2) WASTEDD23
3) J.D. - Smooth
4) M3mobbin - Smooth
ari00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:34 AM   #22
[email protected]
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: s2k/ae86
Send a message via AIM to Ron@modbargains
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owtlaw333 View Post
Any other angles on this bumper? Maybe on a coupe if possible? These look sweet.
Follow the product purchase page link Here, there are more pictures there.
Ron@modbargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:35 AM   #23
jeremysmith1967

jeremysmith1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2007, 01:08 AM   #24
Owtlaw333

My Ride: 2009 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Follow the product purchase page link Here, there are more pictures there.
I was hoping for some wider-angle shots

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Owtlaw333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:51 PM   #25
Novare330

My Ride: AA s/c AMBULAMPS
come on guys we need 3 more orders to make this happen!!

Quote:
Need some opinion. Stock Titanium Silver coupe without spoiler, using the 2 Fast 2 furious skyline vinyl scheme. What do you think, do it or not? plus, i think it would look better then what most car members have here.
Novare330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:06 PM   #26
Bartacus

My Ride: 2002 320i Sedan
Aaarrrgh!! I can't decide, and my body shop hasn't gotten back to me about customizing my rear! Dammit, I WILL make a decision within the next 2 days! One question: is the diffusor a separate piece, or part of the bumper?

Bart
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:10 PM   #27
Novare330

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysmith1967 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rock View Post
Aaarrrgh!! I can't decide, and my body shop hasn't gotten back to me about customizing my rear! Dammit, I WILL make a decision within the next 2 days! One question: is the diffusor a separate piece, or part of the bumper?

Bart
the diffusor should be seperate, however, i will try to find out for sure for you and get back to you, since this product is so rare, its hard to dig up any info on it, but i'll give it a shot

Quote:
Need some opinion. Stock Titanium Silver coupe without spoiler, using the 2 Fast 2 furious skyline vinyl scheme. What do you think, do it or not? plus, i think it would look better then what most car members have here.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:31 PM   #28
[email protected]
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:

Bart

Hey Bart, It looks like it is a a seperate piece, but I do not know. I will try to inquire on that for you.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:33 PM   #29
Bartacus

I ask about the diffusor because I had planned to go quad, and if I do, I can't use the SRS rear since it isn't cut for it. But if that rear diffusor is separate and can be modded for quad, that changes everything. Otherwise I have to give up the quad exhaust idea, and I don't want to do that.

Bart
Old 01-29-2007, 01:42 PM   #30
Novare330

Quote:
I ask about the diffusor because I had planned to go quad, and if I do, I can't use the SRS rear since it isn't cut for it. But if that rear diffusor is separate and can be modded for quad, that changes everything. Otherwise I have to give up the quad exhaust idea, and I don't want to do that.

Bart
im almost positive it can be detached

Quote:
Old 01-29-2007, 01:49 PM   #31
Bartacus

Novare and Ron: thanks guys! If you could also find out what the diffusor is made out of, that would be great! If I have to get it cut up for quad exhaust, it would help to know if its fiberglass, ABS plastic, etc.

Bart
Old 01-29-2007, 02:01 PM   #32
Deejay77

My Ride: 325cic, Wrangler, R1
Send a message via AIM to Deejay77
Any ideas if possible to do a quad exhaust setup on this bumper easily?

Is it lower then m3 bumper?

Could the bottom portion be swapped for a difusser? reason im asking is that way i can just order smooth if im going to replace that section.
Deejay77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:35 PM   #33
Novare330

Quote:
Novare and Ron: thanks guys! If you could also find out what the diffusor is made out of, that would be great! If I have to get it cut up for quad exhaust, it would help to know if its fiberglass, ABS plastic, etc.

Bart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deejay77 View Post
Any ideas if possible to do a quad exhaust setup on this bumper easily?

Is it lower then m3 bumper?

Could the bottom portion be swapped for a difusser? reason im asking is that way i can just order smooth if im going to replace that section.

After a grueling 2 hours and counting search of this bumper, it seems as if its rarer than i thought lol but heres what i found out, hopefully it will answer some of your questions:

Article:
SRS-TEC Rear spoiler bumper B3

Car type:
BMW E46 (not for station wagon & M3)

Notice:
The rear spoiler bumper B3 is at the moment only available for cars without PDC (Park Distance Control)

Mounting:
Very easy at original fitting points

Expert's report:
German Technical Inspection Agency's (TÜV) report on the auto part according to §19.3

Specialty:
The part is very easy paintable, has an excellent quality and a perfect fitment.

Scope of delivery:
Rear spoiler Bumper B3, fitting material, SRS-TEC 3D Logo, TUEV report

Material:
Constructed of high-value fiber-reinforced plastic in premium quality

Protection of the product:
This product and his design are world-wide patented. The copying of our parts and our designs will be prosecuted by law!

as far as fitment is concern, it seems as if german inspectors have given this thing a once over and it seems that the fitment is dead on! the material is fiber reinforced plastic of very high quality, and on a related note, SRS-tec is aparently very VERY popular in the european car scene, and perhaps with good reason

as far as the difusor goes, it seems as if its detachable, so for those of you who wanted to know, theres your answer lol, i did not find this stated anywhere, however, i did find this:

if you look closely in the gap between the difusor and the actual bumper, you can see the clips that hold the difusor in place, which odds are, means its removable and interchangeable, which is GOOD NEWS for all who want to go quad with this puppy

as far as how low it sits goes, the bumper's dimensions were impossible to find, but im still working on it, however according to a member who already has one (in belgium), the bumper is 2 inches lower than stock, which sits pretty damn low even when compared to the M3 rear

hope this answers all questions, if i missed something, let me know and i will see what else i can dig up for you guys, but rest assured, this is a great bumper! you wont be dissapointed

*******EDIT*********

OMG IM AN IDIOT!!!! the diffusor is detachable for sure LOLOLOL it said on a site i came across that the "difusor is included with the bumper"...something they wouldnt say if the difusor was a part of the bumper as a whole

Quote:

Last edited by Novare330; 01-29-2007 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:04 AM   #34
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
Any pics of this on a sedan?

Quote:
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:41 AM   #35
Bartacus

Novare: cool, thanks!! 2 inches sounds REALLY low though, as in Rieger low. That concerns me since my current Rieger rear is TOO low, and I want something that sits a bit higher than that, yet lower than stock. I'm a picky SOB now that I'm on my 2nd body kit.

Bart
Old 01-30-2007, 10:55 AM   #36
Novare330

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco savage View Post
Any pics of this on a sedan?
currently i believe the fitment is only for non-M coupes, but we'll see SRS makes these for sedans and we'll let you know

Quote:
Novare: cool, thanks!! 2 inches sounds REALLY low though, as in Rieger low. That concerns me since my current Rieger rear is TOO low, and I want something that sits a bit higher than that, yet lower than stock. I'm a picky SOB now that I'm on my 2nd body kit.

Bart
np man! the reiger rear (the one with the mesh) is (i believed by many to be) the lowest bumper on the market, i think that rear actually sits lower than the SRS but since i cant find exact dimensions, its hard to tell

Quote:
Old 01-30-2007, 11:28 AM   #37
Bartacus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novare330 View Post
np man! the reiger rear (the one with the mesh) is (i believed by many to be) the lowest bumper on the market, i think that rear actually sits lower than the SRS but since i cant find exact dimensions, its hard to tell
If thats true, the SRS still might be a viable option for me. I have the Rieger rear with the mesh and I'm SICK of it hitting the ground. Plus now that I have the new Rieger skirts (160mm version), the rear doesn't line up (see attached pic). If that SRS is just slightly higher than the Rieger, it might be perfect for me (barring the quad exhaust potential). If you do happen upon exact dimensions for this thing, post the info for sure.

Bart
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Connors BMW 5 test.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	212286  
Old 01-30-2007, 11:47 AM   #38
Novare330

Quote:
If thats true, the SRS still might be a viable option for me. I have the Rieger rear with the mesh and I'm SICK of it hitting the ground. Plus now that I have the new Rieger skirts (160mm version), the rear doesn't line up (see attached pic). If that SRS is just slightly higher than the Rieger, it might be perfect for me (barring the quad exhaust potential). If you do happen upon exact dimensions for this thing, post the info for sure.

Bart
holy jesus!!!!!

yeah, the SRS is deinfinately not THAT low LOL that is scary ground scraping low, here are some pics off the modbargains site from an angle to better illustrate the hieght

****VS****

and yes, if i find dimensions i will definately post them, but at the moment i have a physics test to study for and i gotta get workin on it lol, i'll be back on llater, hopefully with updates!!

Quote:
Old 01-30-2007, 12:19 PM   #39
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
man that reiger one ..its insane how low that comes down

Quote:
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:47 PM   #40
[email protected]
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novare330 View Post
currently i believe the fitment is only for non-M coupes, but we'll see SRS makes these for sedans and we'll let you know
It fits the sedan, just no pics of it on a sedan.