||| Form and Function E46 Coil over Group Buy ||| - Page 16 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Site Sponsor Group Buys

Site Sponsor Group Buys
Group buys from the sponsors that support E46Fanatics.com and other approved group buys.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 05:47 PM   #301
pachieh

My Ride: 2003 TiAg M3
I tore my medial meniscus in a few places on my right knee from jumping out of military aircraft.
F2 Coilovers
StopTech Stage II
Old 08-27-2008, 06:20 PM   #302
bfbc85

My Ride: 01 325i
mine arrived today in Niagara, driving down Friday to pick them up ... looks like I won't be installing them this year ... the white stuff is around the corner and I don't want to deal with the corrosion from the salted roads at least not this season. However I will be looking forward to everyones reviews...
Old 08-27-2008, 08:16 PM   #303
Bakks

My Ride: -
I'll be installing mine in about a month and be testing out exactly how low they will go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2008, 09:58 PM   #304
chnzgoofball

ill be installing mine when i recieve mines.... if i recieve it...
Old 08-27-2008, 11:56 PM   #305
mcr_driver

My Ride: my favorite two feet
sorry just saw this thread. i assume this GB is over already??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:03 AM   #306
localmotion1717

My Ride: 2002 BMW M3
Received my coilovers today in RI. I almost blew my back out picking up the box haha. I wont be installing mine until I get my new wheels and control arms. Everyone let me know how they like them.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:06 PM   #307
Devious1
Invalid User

My Ride: 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Devious1
installed mine and the rear, even on the lowest setting, isn't low enough for me. its barely even flush.
I'm going to call up F2 and see about the softer springs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:23 PM   #308
pachieh

My Ride: 2003 TiAg M3
Got pics Devious?
F2 Coilovers
StopTech Stage II
Old 08-28-2008, 12:42 PM   #309
Devious1
Invalid User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachieh View Post
Got pics Devious?
i'll try to get some up this weekend. the front is nice and low with plenty more to go. but the rear shock is at it's lowest setting, rear spring perch removed, and its barely even flush. i need some tuckage.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:17 PM   #310
Alfonso @ HDM

Hi guys,

I am so sorry for the mis communication lately. I have been out of the country for the past week due to family problems, I sincerely apologize as this is not my style of work.

I am back in the US now and able to handle your order.
For the last 3 guys waiting for your setups please rest assured that I am working on it and I will have these out ASAP. I will make sure that they leave the F2 facility by tomorrow.

[email protected]
Old 08-28-2008, 06:34 PM   #311
Bakks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious1 View Post
installed mine and the rear, even on the lowest setting, isn't low enough for me. its barely even flush.
I'm going to call up F2 and see about the softer springs.
Oh no, if thats the case I will be sorely disappointed. Did you play around with both the height settings (spring mount and the strut mount)?

Alfonso can you please comment? I bought these solely under the impression that they would go LOW, as per your comment on the first page "Yes, definitely doable. My car still have more to go, you can indo slam without air bags." I am now rather concerned

Last edited by Bakks; 08-28-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:52 PM   #312
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
dude.. you need to shorten the shock to go lower. not just the spring/perch

JEREMY
Old 08-28-2008, 06:57 PM   #313
BreakMyWallet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakks View Post
Oh no, if thats the case I will be sorely disappointed. Did you play around with both the height settings (spring mount and the strut mount)?

Alfonso can you please comment? I bought these solely under the impression that they would go LOW, as per your comment on the first page "Yes, definitely doable. My car still have more to go, you can indo slam without air bags." I am now rather concerned
you need to realize you will not get an indo slam without airbags dude. first off it depends on what wheels/offset/tires. thats the big thing.. second the wheel can only go so far in the fender. im pretty slammed right now and i prefer not to rub but getting camber out back it rough on e46's because the inside wall is very close to the wheel. so if u dont rub on the outside you will rub on the inside. 3rd i really dope u dont daily your car because the ride will NOT be very pleasant if u wanna be that low.. you wont have any shock travel. even though the shocks are adjustable u need to adjust them lower if u wanna go low which = less travel. and youre gonna need to set them on soft if u dont want it to be mad bouncy. there has been a couple times where i have LITERALLY got air on the freeway from a big bump. its hard to explain man but youll understand when u slap them on. dont get me wrong these are great fukin coils, better then any other ones out there in my opinion, but what u want to do is gonnatake some patience and work.

JEREMY
Old 08-28-2008, 07:13 PM   #314
Devious1
Invalid User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
dude.. you need to shorten the shock to go lower. not just the spring/perch
everything in the rear is at it's lowest setting. F2 mentioned getting different springs for the rear to get it super low.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:44 PM   #315
Bakks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
you need to realize you will not get an indo slam without airbags dude. first off it depends on what wheels/offset/tires. thats the big thing.. second the wheel can only go so far in the fender. im pretty slammed right now and i prefer not to rub but getting camber out back it rough on e46's because the inside wall is very close to the wheel. so if u dont rub on the outside you will rub on the inside. 3rd i really dope u dont daily your car because the ride will NOT be very pleasant if u wanna be that low.. you wont have any shock travel. even though the shocks are adjustable u need to adjust them lower if u wanna go low which = less travel. and youre gonna need to set them on soft if u dont want it to be mad bouncy. there has been a couple times where i have LITERALLY got air on the freeway from a big bump. its hard to explain man but youll understand when u slap them on. dont get me wrong these are great fukin coils, better then any other ones out there in my opinion, but what u want to do is gonnatake some patience and work.
Appreciate your reply mate, but I've been using absolutely slammed cars as dailies for nearly a decade now, I know what it takes. I've got the wheels / offset / tyres to suit, and thought I had the coil overs. I sincerely hope I do, especially considering I bought these coilovers based SOLELY on Alfonsos statement that they would go ridiculously low. If this isn't the case, I'd prefer not to go to the effort of having them shipped to Aus and fitted, I'd rather just go and buy K Sports like you have that I KNOW will go low.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:59 AM   #316
chnzgoofball

have my coilovers been shipped out yet? i havent recieved anything at all, no tracking number or coilovers =(
Old 09-02-2008, 10:15 AM   #317
dirsh
Hawaii 3.0

My Ride: sanbyaku sanjuu
Quote:
Originally Posted by chnzgoofball View Post
have my coilovers been shipped out yet? i havent recieved anything at all, no tracking number or coilovers =(
must be waiting to clear customs

lol

Quote:
Hello dirsh it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?
Old 09-02-2008, 10:19 AM   #318
BreakMyWallet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakks View Post
Appreciate your reply mate, but I've been using absolutely slammed cars as dailies for nearly a decade now, I know what it takes. I've got the wheels / offset / tyres to suit, and thought I had the coil overs. I sincerely hope I do, especially considering I bought these coilovers based SOLELY on Alfonsos statement that they would go ridiculously low. If this isn't the case, I'd prefer not to go to the effort of having them shipped to Aus and fitted, I'd rather just go and buy K Sports like you have that I KNOW will go low.

yeah i just read devious1's reply.. man that sucks if they dont go low in the rear. they should be able too though

JEREMY
Old 09-02-2008, 12:45 PM   #319
chnzgoofball

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirsh View Post
must be waiting to clear customs

lol
i dont see why it has to clear customs... i live in cali... the manufactures in south cali? i should have gotten mines a long time ago then... unless they are being shipped from florida...
Closed Thread