The Delicious Sandwich Thread - Page 3 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Food Talk

Food Talk
Do you like food? If so, you came to the right off-topic section. Discuss your favorite food topics here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2014, 12:02 PM   #41
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: S2000+Wrangler
Oh, and don't get me started on lobster mac and cheese or lobster mashed potatoes....what a waste of f***ing lobster.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:35 PM   #42
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Not sure you can get them anywhere besides RI... even the franks they use are "lil' rhody" brand.

They are a staple of the state... and they are better than any hot dog i've ever had.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_wiener

http://olneyvillenewyorksystem.com/

haha jack links... i always buy a bag from BJ's (another version of Costco)... $10 for a 14oz bag, can't beat that price.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:56 AM   #43
chivo328

My Ride: 328/330/633/M5
Super simple but super tasty:

Slice a baguette in half length wise then let it sit out for a few hours so it gets a bit crusty on the inside, or you can cheat and toast it slightly in the oven.
Rub fresh garlic cloves on the (now) crusty bread.
Slice a tomatoe and rub it on the bread until basically the inside of the tomatoe has been spread around.
Now load it up with Seranno ham and Manchego cheese.
You'll want to let the ham and cheese come up to room temperature before devouring.

And russo, how had you not enjoyed a sandwhich with both mustard and mayo before? What do you put on a beef dip?
chivo328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:51 AM   #44
JJR4884

Quote:
Originally Posted by chivo328 View Post
Super simple but super tasty:

Slice a baguette in half length wise then let it sit out for a few hours so it gets a bit crusty on the inside, or you can cheat and toast it slightly in the oven.
Rub fresh garlic cloves on the (now) crusty bread.
Slice a tomatoe and rub it on the bread until basically the inside of the tomatoe has been spread around.
Now load it up with Seranno ham and Manchego cheese.
You'll want to let the ham and cheese come up to room temperature before devouring.

And russo, how had you not enjoyed a sandwhich with both mustard and mayo before? What do you put on a beef dip?
That sounds good... however, i would rather rub the garlic first then toast it, probably mellow out the garlic flavor a bit no? Anyways, definitely want to try that out, i'm sure it would taste amazing as a grilled panini as well.

I don't have beef dip often, honestly can't remember the last time I did have one. Sandwiches for me consist of the following...

1. Italian grinder from a local place which is delicious
2. Make my own sandwich... honey turkey and honey ham with lettuce mayo/mustart
3. Willowtree chicken (or make my own) with sliced grapes, black walnuts, and romain lettuce
4. Mortadella on a nice hard italian roll.

Thats pretty much it for sandwiches, I don't eat them often.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:59 AM   #45
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
That sounds good... however, i would rather rub the garlic first then toast it, probably mellow out the garlic flavor a bit no? Anyways, definitely want to try that out, i'm sure it would taste amazing as a grilled panini as well.

I don't have beef dip often, honestly can't remember the last time I did have one. Sandwiches for me consist of the following...

1. Italian grinder from a local place which is delicious
2. Make my own sandwich... honey turkey and honey ham with lettuce mayo/mustart
3. Willowtree chicken (or make my own) with sliced grapes, black walnuts, and romain lettuce
4. Mortadella on a nice hard italian roll.

Thats pretty much it for sandwiches, I don't eat them often.
I just want to slap you for using the word "grinder."

Old 07-28-2014, 10:15 AM   #46
JJR4884

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Oh, and don't get me started on lobster mac and cheese or lobster mashed potatoes....what a waste of f***ing lobster.
Agreed 1000%

Lobster should be served 1 of 3 ways.

Steamed in an inch of water, in the water you add sliced onion, celery, carrots, some salt and red pepper flakes. What I usually do is get a quart of the water from the lobster tank, steam it in that water, better flavor. In addition, if I have shellfish before hand (steamers, oysters, littlenecks, whatever).. i'll add those shells to the water and have the lobster essentially resting on top of those shells and veggies. Obviously serve with drawn butter.

Cocktail, served cold. Steamed the same way then chilled. Some lemon is nice, shouldn't need anything else but if you want to get a little fancier with it, you can toss the cold lobster meat with a little bit of melted butter, then add thinly sliced scallions and julienned mangos. Finish with a couple chives on top and call it a day.

Lobster Roll - Steaming the lobster using the method above is never a bad idea. For a couple lb's of lobster meat, about 1 tbsp of good mayo (I use sir kensington lol.) I dice up celery and chives ahead of time and have that sit for an hour in fresh squeezed lemon juice, gives a nice flavor and helps the celery have a better taste combo with the lobster. Thats it. Some more lemon on the roll and that is it, nothing else needed.

I'll post up a lobster roll next time I make one. After this post, I can assure you it will be sooner than later lol.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:16 AM   #47
JJR4884

Quote:
As opposed to what, a "hoagie" lol

Old 07-28-2014, 10:17 AM   #48
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:

You're from NYC man. It's a hero lol

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Old 07-28-2014, 10:17 AM   #49
JJR4884

Quote:

I'm from RI sunshine, where it is called "grinder" lol

Old 07-28-2014, 10:18 AM   #50
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
I'm from RI sunshine, where it is called "grinder" lol

Lol well played blue blood, well played.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:33 AM   #51
JJR4884

I need to come to NYC soon however, you going to meet up with me or you going to cook for me? hahah

Old 12-15-2014, 04:09 PM   #52
GasKing
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 18 Tahoe RST
Quote:
I cant imagine you'd even taste the lobster.
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 12:03 AM   #53
Fisch330ciTopasBlau
Yes...I do think I hate you

My Ride: E46 Dinan 330ci
I have a few go-to sandwiches...
Corned Beef on challah
Pastrami/Reuben
Croque Madame
Club sandwich
Tuna

The Club is the only one I want veggies on, the Tuna gets some onion. The others are meat, cheese, bread and condiments only.
I'm pretty easy, I don't like a lot of crap on my sandwich so I want things fairly simple and the most important thing, not soggy.

-8/21/2007 RIP Grandma
-pessimum genus inimicorum laudantes: flatterers are the worst type of enemies
Fisch330ciTopasBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 12:38 AM   #54
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stapler12345 View Post
just tried Wendy's Ciabatta Bacon Cheeseburger. very underwhelming
Quote:
you bumped this thread after almost 4 years for a goddamn wendy's cheeseburger? holy shiit
“But as I look overall at the capitalist economies, there are a lot of good things doing, and I think you can tune the tax parameters and get way more equity and get some additional government services and still be in the same basic framework.”
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 02:04 PM   #55
GasKing
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yo. Forreal. Its a hero, and if you're feeling formal then its a sengweech.
Old 10-05-2016, 02:06 PM   #56
GasKing
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Thats just a way for restaurants to get rid of their lobster scraps at a insane mark up, same with lobster chowder. What are lobster scraps? Its all the stuff leftover when taking a lobster out of its shell, literally the waste. Post wasnt intended for you nfr since you already know.