If you had to buy a new android phone today... - Page 121 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 43 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-10-2018, 08:57 AM   #2401
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Accidentally updated Chrome for my phone, Holy crap it's broken. Cutting and pasting completely unreliable. UI horrible, can't undo it like on my PC. Fxkkkkk

What phone do you have?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:06 AM   #2402
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Mines acting a fool
What phone do you have?
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:25 AM   #2403
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
LG G6 verizon
“Our God commands us to be violent towards the kuffar (infidels). Who are we? The ummah [nation] of Mohammed. So [God] also commands us to be merciful to each other. So we will be merciful to each other. And we will be violent to the kuffar." - Turkish President Erdogan, November 2019
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:49 AM   #2404
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
Quote:
LG G6 verizon

Uninstall chrome and install fresh

Quote:
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:09 AM   #2405
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
will try!
“Our God commands us to be violent towards the kuffar (infidels). Who are we? The ummah [nation] of Mohammed. So [God] also commands us to be merciful to each other. So we will be merciful to each other. And we will be violent to the kuffar." - Turkish President Erdogan, November 2019
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:29 PM   #2406
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: 2008 e90 M3
Pixel 3 or Galaxy S10?

currently using Galaxy S7 and it's starting to fritz out at times
i took it underwater while snorkeling in Hawaii ...
speaker works fine
so i can watch netflix and all that without any issue
but it messed with the "ear speaker" for regular phone calls so the sound quality sounds a little messy

Last edited by XKxRome0ox; 07-17-2019 at 07:31 PM.
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:25 PM   #2407
allikanbe

My Ride: 2013 335is vert
S10 My S8 is better than my wife's pixel
allikanbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:37 PM   #2408
Stankia

My Ride: Germans
If you can wait for Pixel 4.

"When I feed the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist."
Stankia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 08:46 AM   #2409
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E46 ZHP TS2+ Coupe
I have the Note 9 and enjoy it. However, I do not enjoy all the "OGM SAMSUNG EXCLUSIVE SOFTWAERZ!" that come with it. The quick-access side-bar is pretty handy, though. The "screen-off memo" is also a neat feature. But the rest of the Samsung garbage? I couldn't care less about. I doubt I use this phone to even 30% of its full potential, but I'm not really paying for it (phone allowance through work).

Considering I buy a new phone every two to three years, I'll probably wait until the Note 11 or (whatever successor to the Note 10 is) comes out.

SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:56 AM   #2410
Officer Cartman

My Ride: 2011 Subaru WRX
Depends on what you're using the phone for. I think the Pixel 3 takes better photos than the Galaxy S10 (especially in low light), but like others have said, if you can somehow manage for a few more months, the Pixel 4 is right around the corner (October).

Officer Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:27 AM   #2411
SamDoe1

My Ride: Economy Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
Pixel 3 or Galaxy S10?

currently using Galaxy S7 and it's starting to fritz out at times
i took it underwater while snorkeling in Hawaii ...
speaker works fine
so i can watch netflix and all that without any issue
but it messed with the "ear speaker" for regular phone calls so the sound quality sounds a little messy
Wait for Pixel 4 or try and find a steal on a Pixel 3. I can't stand Samsung's software no matter how good the hardware is. The P3 is by no means bad on the hardware and the camera is out of this world. My wife's P3 easily takes better pictures than my P2XL. On top of all that, the software is worlds better than the Samsung.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allikanbe View Post
S10 My S8 is better than my wife's pixel
In what regard and is it a Pixel 1?
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:28 AM   #2412
Bartacus

My Ride: 2002 320i Sedan
OnePlus > anything Google or Samsung. I'm surprised a lot of people don't seem to realize how good their phones are.
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 02:20 PM   #2413
Stankia

They are good, but the Camera is not up to par.

"When I feed the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist."
Old 11-16-2019, 10:22 PM   #2414
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

still using my galaxy S7
but it's been lagging and freezing sometimes
finally decided to do a factory reset

I backed up my entire phone ... google accounts and then samsung's backup software
hopefully it really backed up EVERYTHING

if the phone is still wonky after this reset, I will go to a store and check out some phones

Old 11-18-2019, 10:04 AM   #2415
SamDoe1

I think I might grab a P3 XL over black friday for a lot less than a P4 XL. Big reason to upgrade I just found out about is 600mhz compatibility. I have Tmobile and the 600mhz range is what they use in rural areas...which is where my inlaws live so it makes a lot of sense. This also solves why my wife's phone works so much better in rural areas than mine does.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:18 PM   #2416
Stankia

Are they still selling those? A friend tried to buy one and it was out of stock.

Old 11-18-2019, 02:23 PM   #2417
SamDoe1

You can get one on Amazon for $535 (for the XL unlocked) right now. I think the normal size is $400 or something like that.

That said, the P4XL will be $700 on black friday so now weighing if that's worth the extra $150 or not... The big advantage of the 3 is you still get unlimited photo storage at full resolution.

Last edited by SamDoe1; 11-18-2019 at 02:30 PM.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:06 PM   #2418
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
still using my galaxy S7
but it's been lagging and freezing sometimes
finally decided to do a factory reset

I backed up my entire phone ... google accounts and then samsung's backup software
hopefully it really backed up EVERYTHING

if the phone is still wonky after this reset, I will go to a store and check out some phones
so the reset was successful
i had to "restore" several times to get some of the items to show up
and it's a pain in the ass to re-setup every google account and log back into every app and site
but the phone is working great
it hasn't been bogged down by anything yet

so i guess i can avoid buying a new phone for at least another year