The Official "Good/Normal/Everyday Cop" thread. - Page 12 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-11-2018, 06:32 PM   #221
swordsman11868

My Ride: 2003 325i
Transmission: Autotragic
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
can you show me where it says that it is department policy to use the least amount of force to control a suspect?

and control the suspect is the one thing these officers didn't do. that's what got one officer killed.

I doubt I could without a lot of research but that’s what I was taught in academy: “use the minimum amount of force required to subdue a suspect”.

That was a long time ago. It’s only gotten worse since then in our PC culture.

I remember seeing anecdotes of officers saying they’re reluctant to shoot a violent suspect after the Michael Brown Hoax.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I'm just here to change the world.
BMW Wiki:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Beheadings in Saudi Arabia: 92.
swordsman11868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 07:54 PM   #222
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by swordsman11868 View Post
I doubt I could without a lot of research but that’s what I was taught in academy: “use the minimum amount of force required to subdue a suspect”.

I remember seeing anecdotes of officers saying they’re reluctant to shoot a violent suspect after the Michael Brown Hoax.
yeah cuz it's not really a law nor is it taught anywhere. thing is cops have a fvcking power trip problem and i have witnessed it numerous times. if you look at my posts from many years ago i was actually defending cops. cops in the usa have a bunch of problems....they have no idea what their job entails , they are probably the poorest trained , and their biggest problem is their fvcking ego.

all i have seen is cops not getting charged with ****...they choke a guy to death for selling loosies and get shot by a guy on which they found a gun on.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 07:59 PM   #223
swordsman11868

Quote:
yeah cuz it's not really a law nor is it taught anywhere. thing is cops have a fvcking power trip problem and i have witnessed it numerous times. if you look at my posts from many years ago i was actually defending cops. cops in the usa have a bunch of problems....they have no idea what their job entails , they are probably the poorest trained , and their biggest problem is their fvcking ego.

all i have seen is cops not getting charged with ****...they choke a guy to death for selling loosies and get shot by a guy on which they found a gun on.

Maybe it’s a region thing: NYC vs Indiana?

It was most definitely taught in my academy 20 years ago.

BMW Wiki:

Old 08-12-2018, 06:01 AM   #224
jsantoli

My Ride: M3
nvm

Last edited by jsantoli; 08-12-2018 at 06:03 AM.
jsantoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 05:22 PM   #225
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Good cop, bad citizen

“Our God commands us to be violent towards the kuffar (infidels). Who are we? The ummah [nation] of Mohammed. So [God] also commands us to be merciful to each other. So we will be merciful to each other. And we will be violent to the kuffar." - Turkish President Erdogan, November 2019
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 06:35 AM   #226
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
why was he calling the cop nig9ger. the cop wasn't even black.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 10:36 AM   #227
chikoo

My Ride: 05 330Ci ZHP Cabrio
Quote:

I have seen the evidence to use all force necessary here on some e46 DIY tips. smh. Every self aware person knows to use only the right amount of force - not less or more.
chikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 10:37 AM   #228
chikoo

Quote:
why was he calling the cop nig9ger. the cop wasn't even black.
I am glad to hear that that word is now becoming common use, and not a racist word.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:40 AM   #229
chikoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Good cop, bad citizen

Excellent cop. Kept emotions in check. Did not go ranting and raving about citizen insulting a LEO.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:25 PM   #230
chikoo

So I am still trying to figure this out. Yesterday evening, I was stopped at a traffic light. The light turns green and I hit the gas pedal and get to speed limit of 30. Maybe I was 35. Suddenly i see the Red White & Blue flashing in my rear view mirror.

So I pulled on the side and the. waited for the cop to come over. After waiting for 5 minutes, he comes over, I roll down my window, and he asks me this:

“What year is your car?”
I respond “2005”.

He then says, “Did you know you were speeding?”

I respond with “I am sorry. I did not realize that. I will make sure it does not happen again”.

He responds “I am not going to give you a ticket but going to make a note that we had this discussion. Drive safe”

“Thank you Officer. I will”, I said.
=========================

What happended here? Was I really speeding or was he interested in my car?

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
Old 01-30-2019, 06:03 PM   #231
SneakyMike

My Ride: W211 E55 M Coupe R6
Send a message via AIM to SneakyMike
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikoo View Post
So I am still trying to figure this out. Yesterday evening, I was stopped at a traffic light. The light turns green and I hit the gas pedal and get to speed limit of 30. Maybe I was 35. Suddenly i see the Red White & Blue flashing in my rear view mirror.

So I pulled on the side and the. waited for the cop to come over. After waiting for 5 minutes, he comes over, I roll down my window, and he asks me this:

“What year is your car?”
I respond “2005”.

He then says, “Did you know you were speeding?”

I respond with “I am sorry. I did not realize that. I will make sure it does not happen again”.

He responds “I am not going to give you a ticket but going to make a note that we had this discussion. Drive safe”

“Thank you Officer. I will”, I said.
=========================

What happended here? Was I really speeding or was he interested in my car?

My guess is that he may have got a near hit for having your license plate coming back stolen.

SneakyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 10:38 PM   #232
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
VA state trooper killed in the line of duty.

https://m.facebook.com/VirginiaState...pe=3&source=57
“But as I look overall at the capitalist economies, there are a lot of good things doing, and I think you can tune the tax parameters and get way more equity and get some additional government services and still be in the same basic framework.”
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 01:40 PM   #233
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Cop goes to work against spring breakers, UFC style

https://twitter.com/EspnDrunk/status...571714/video/1

fun video
“Our God commands us to be violent towards the kuffar (infidels). Who are we? The ummah [nation] of Mohammed. So [God] also commands us to be merciful to each other. So we will be merciful to each other. And we will be violent to the kuffar." - Turkish President Erdogan, November 2019
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:32 PM   #234
Knight

My Ride: SL63 | SHO | E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Cop goes to work against spring breakers, UFC style

https://twitter.com/EspnDrunk/status...571714/video/1

fun video
Kinda looks like Dan Severn, too.

|
|
|
|
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 10:02 PM   #235
swordsman11868

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-d...rstate-on-ramp

BMW Wiki:

Old 12-04-2019, 06:50 PM   #236
swordsman11868

Off Duty CHP attacked by mob of teen-agers when they spot him filming. If you watch the interview video it's clear (to me) that he is afraid to draw his (probably concealed) weapon. I read one report that he was knocked unconscious. There are even uniformed security in the video attempting to help him to no avail.

Based on my training I would have drawn my weapon once an overwhelming group focused their attention on me and threatened bodily harm. I feel that LE/Security are expected to gain control of any given violent situation and yet do so without threatening violence themselves. Such is the world we live in post-Trayvon, etc.

I guess if we were all "Dan Severn" from the video a few posts ago a handgun wouldn't be necessary. Or maybe if LEA's/security companies paid for Physical Tactics training on a regular basis incidents like these would happen less often. When you're used to hand-to-hand combat you're much more likely to recognize a fight you probably won't win. /end rant.

edit: compare post 221

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...n-black-friday

BMW Wiki:

Last edited by swordsman11868; 12-04-2019 at 07:11 PM.
Old Yesterday, 03:45 AM   #237
M3Inline6
Law Enforcer

My Ride: '17 Nardo Grey M4
The Official "Good/Normal/Everyday Cop" thread.

Quote:
Off Duty CHP attacked by mob of teen-agers when they spot him filming. If you watch the interview video it's clear (to me) that he is afraid to draw his (probably concealed) weapon. I read one report that he was knocked unconscious. There are even uniformed security in the video attempting to help him to no avail.

Based on my training I would have drawn my weapon once an overwhelming group focused their attention on me and threatened bodily harm. I feel that LE/Security are expected to gain control of any given violent situation and yet do so without threatening violence themselves. Such is the world we live in post-Trayvon, etc.

I guess if we were all "Dan Severn" from the video a few posts ago a handgun wouldn't be necessary. Or maybe if LEA's/security companies paid for Physical Tactics training on a regular basis incidents like these would happen less often. When you're used to hand-to-hand combat you're much more likely to recognize a fight you probably won't win. /end rant.

edit: compare post 221

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...n-black-friday

Fuck! I reeeeaaallllyyyy hate to Friday morning quarterback this situation, but that Chipper should’ve handled his involvement differently, especially given that he wasn’t willing to draw his weapon (....assuming that he was even carrying; many off duty officers do not......which is just plain ludicrous IMHO), he was significantly outnumbered and he wasn’t required to intervene.

Much like you, I would’ve drawn my weapon immediately had I decided to get involved, but it would have taken more than me witnessing a shove for me to identify myself and potentially escalate the situation. Additionally, I tend to have the desk/dispatch numbers for the departments in the areas that I frequent, and I would’ve made a quick call to get a unit rolling based on the 415 PC/240 PC/242 PC violations that I witnessed. Anyway, watching that video just annoys me for a multitude of reasons, so I should just avoid saying anything else.

I HATE bad tactics/tactical planning.

/end rant

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

Last edited by M3Inline6; Yesterday at 03:52 AM.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote