Veteran looking for Coil-overs - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Suspension and Braking

Suspension and Braking
Springs, shocks, struts, coilovers, camber plates, sway bars, strut bars, suspension bushings, control arms, brake pads, big brake kits, etc.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #21
aaron.soetaert

My Ride: 2003 E46 M3
What no not at all wow you took that wrong way. Just was informing why i said disabled. I don't need hand out... i have a brain injury and sometimes word things wrong. Sry if you took it like that.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Bimmer App
aaron.soetaert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #22
aaron.soetaert

I just don't get anyone to respond to my ad really until i put that i was a veteran. It is a free country and i am pretty sure i have the right to say whatever i want on a forum. Thank you for your concern

Old 05-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #23
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Oh. Ok. My apologies then.
Anyway, I honk you're cheapest option is buying a set of rear GC coilover springs and adjusters from GroundControl.
The only hard part would be figuring out how match the fronts and not go too stiff or too soft on the rear axle.
The Snikster posted sexy wiminz
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Do you ride a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
?
Do you have a question about Jamaica?
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #24
aaron.soetaert

Thank you Sir and i will check those out. I have noticed the suspension classifieds get so much attention. Still noone with a used set of lowering springs or coilovers???

Old 05-06-2012, 01:49 PM   #25
Snik
OEM ///Member

I'm sure there's a few set of springs on there and so coilovers. Just keep looking.
IF you do get a complete set. I MAY be interested in buying the Ksport fronts.

Do you ride a
?
Old 05-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #26
Blueandwhite85

My Ride: E46
What does your veteran status have to do with anything?
Blueandwhite85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #27
///MPR77

My Ride: 2002 M3 Three Pedals

Bewahren Sie ihre ultimative fahrmaschine

Last edited by ///MPR77; 05-06-2012 at 02:02 PM.
///MPR77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #28
3coupe

My Ride: 330Ci
Are you sure the rear are not "coilovers" ? To run a true rear coilover in the e46 is not really an option unless you do some major work. If you have springs with an adjustable lower perch, that is what most rear coilovers are like for e46's. A lot of people also switch springs to get the handling/ride they want, so don't worry too much about different springs in the back.

To run a true coilover you need to weld in reinforcements to the rear strut tower and a rear strut tower brace. And probably some other stuff. I stop researching once I read that part.
3coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #29
aaron.soetaert

Ohh ok cool i did not know that i will have it rechecked. Thank you guys for all your great information and suggestion.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1336328178046.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	450450  
Old 05-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #30
Guest021715
Account closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven747 View Post
race lands are not made for m3's but honestly i wouldn't hate on something you haven't driven on before. .. i currently have race land fronts and b&g linear springs and bilstein sports in the rear and the ride is better than most name brand coil overs. true I'm not using the rear which makes a standard race land setup horrible but i accomplished my setup for about 550 bucks and i know people with m3's and non-m's with kw's and h&r coils and they are more than impressed about my setup. i have taken it into the canyons 4 times since the install and perform beyond my expectations with the rest of my suspension setup. ( bars, poly bushings) my setup will be equal to your "name brand" setup on the track
I don't need to own crap, to know it is crap. You judge how good RaceLands are by counting the number of runs they've "made it" through. Just like almost everyone has already figured out, they are built down to a price.

If you think your setup will be equal to a brand name, you're only kidding yourself. Lets see how many Racelands you go through while the brand name coilover owners are still on their originals.
Guest021715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #31
Snik
OEM ///Member

That looks good dude. Never seen a flat black M3 cab before.

Do you ride a
?
Old 05-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #32
aaron.soetaert

Thanks i love the color

Old 05-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #33
Snik
OEM ///Member

Paint or vinyl?

I'm wondering about what these other guys said about you expecting to see a true coil over rear on it when these cars just don't use that setup.
It's most times, just a shock, sometimes height adjustable. And further in, a spring with a height adjuster above or below said spring.

If its not. Please keep me in mind when u replace them. I'm looking for a coilover front that will go lower than my current setup.

Do you ride a
?
Old 05-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #34
jhstealth

My Ride: 323is,740i(S),gt86
Okay so u have tein lowering springs in the rear and ksports up front. That's definitely odd but not detremental to the safety of the car luckily. My first step would be to call ksport and see if u can get a set of rear springs and shocks if needed. If they cant sell u just the rear ask them for the front spring rates and call ground control and get the rear springs off their kit and ask them to match it to the rates off the ksports. Then get some koni rear shocks only if needed of course and set the dampening pretty high as the dampening rate of ksports is pretty high also.

Last edited by jhstealth; 05-06-2012 at 03:47 PM.
jhstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #35
aaron.soetaert

Thanks for the info ill call but still looking fora used set of coilovers or lowering springs

Old 05-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #36
yetieater

My Ride: '03 330i
Hey blowhards, who gives? If the information that OP posted is irrelevant just ignore it.

Take a look at lovebeinguseless's thread: https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...1&postcount=50

Maybe that'd work? Cost is within your budget.

bulletproof one piece at a time

yetieater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #37
aaron.soetaert

Wow thanks just ordered some rokkor coilovers... Thanks everyone

Old 05-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #38
jhstealth

My Ride: 323is,740i(S),gt86
Good luck
Old 05-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #39
illestminimike

My Ride: Project Drama
Since when did they make rokkor coilovers for M3's? It says on the website they don't fit. Am I missing something?

illestminimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #40
aaron.soetaert

I went to rokkor typed in e46 m3 coilovers then went to raceland and order some special piece total of 400$