Critique squat form - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-26-2016, 03:39 PM   #1
Astheros

My Ride: BMW
Critique squat form

Details: i hate how my knees buckle in this attempt. I started doing 225lbs only for like the last 3 weeks or so as i progressed through and finished a 3 month program on the bodyspace app. I had never been able to do them for more than 1 rep. So far i do 225 for 2 sets of 3. I could prob do more if i wanted to.

This particular video was my second set of 3 after finishing a bicep and triceps workout.

I know my knees go inward sometimes but i didnt think it was this much. It may have been that i didnt really warm up besides a few jumping squats and some light weight lunges. And then i hopped into the squat rack at 225 for 2 sets.

This is the only time i jump in right at 225 because my new 5 week plan is a 40-30-20-10-10-20-30-40 of supersets for 2 muscles. Ie: 40 curls 40 tricep extension etc

I am 5'7" and weigh about 170lbs right now. I have been on and off the gym for many years but i have been working out for the last 4 months 4-5 days a week consistently not missing a beat so i am at my strongest which is prob still weak compared to experienced people. However all my shirts are now def full. Everyone notices my gains. Friends even asked if i was juicing which i guess it shows the work is paying off.

Anyways, any tips on fixing the knees going inward issue. If you look at other videos on my tube that issue is not so prominent in the other videos. Less weight of course.

Thanks

Edit: i dont normally squat in those shoes. I have adipower squat shoes normally but since this wasnt leg day i had these on and was too lazy to go barefoot i guess.

Last edited by Astheros; 05-26-2016 at 03:41 PM.
Astheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 03:45 PM   #2
Astheros

My Ride: BMW
Attachment 632957
I also have an Osteochondroma on my right knee that i have procrastinated on getting removed due to time in bed. Most of the time it doesn't affect me but sometimes it does give me some discomfort.

Last edited by Astheros; 04-08-2018 at 09:18 PM.
Astheros is offline   Reply With Quote