Google Cloud Move 2/20/2018 - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Site Feedback/Questions/Suggestions

Site Feedback/Questions/Suggestions
Do you have feedback/questions/ideas/suggestions about the site? Post them here.

Old 02-22-2018, 10:59 PM   #21
Solidjake
Shifting

My Ride: 2013 328i 6MT
Massive issues with private messaging (thread in this subforum)

Also threads being moved to random places, names of threads changing and not reflecting on the page page of the section they are in. Example below. When you go to edit the title it is correct, but the main title in the section above is wrong
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	292.3 KB
ID:	734534  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

-
-

Last edited by Solidjake; 02-22-2018 at 10:59 PM.
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:59 PM   #22
Solidjake
Shifting

Also attachments are messed up. Added one to the post above and it's not showing although it's in the post when I go to edit it.

-
-

-
-

Old 02-22-2018, 11:09 PM   #23
180SXTCY

My Ride: 2005 E46 M3
search not working

Hi

Been trying to use the search function on my work computer and I keep getting the following error message:

"connection to sphinx03:3316 failed"

is there an issue?

thanks
Johny
180SXTCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2018, 07:38 AM   #24
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
All posts are stuck about a day behind, and we lost about 2 days of posts (2/20-2/22). I also cannot see new posts, even though they show up in the thread list.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:54 AM   #25
Jakl

My Ride: E39 M5, E46 325iT
Year: 2003
Model: 325iT
Transmission: 5MT
Looks like all of my PMs have been deleted
Jakl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:32 AM   #26
dutchhome

My Ride: 2004 330xi
Yesterday it told me I had used 90 out of 100 PM's although it was showing none of them to me. Today since I received a PM it now shows I have 3 out of 100 used. My hope that the old messages would return is quickly fading.
dutchhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:41 AM   #27
dutchhome

My Ride: 2004 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
All posts are stuck about a day behind, and we lost about 2 days of posts (2/20-2/22). I also cannot see new posts, even though they show up in the thread list.
It sounds like they took a snapshot of the database from 2/20 but didn't bother bringing down the old web site. Either they aren't familiar with migrating a live system or their plan is to migrate the newer records later. Regardless, time will heal this pain and we will soon forget.
dutchhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:03 AM   #28
RedOctober330i

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchhome View Post
It sounds like they took a snapshot of the database from 2/20 but didn't bother bringing down the old web site. Either they aren't familiar with migrating a live system or their plan is to migrate the newer records later. Regardless, time will heal this pain and we will soon forget.

So does that mean that PMs will be restored as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RedOctober330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:34 PM   #29
orb
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 325Ci
I renewed my OEM membership and it went back to a non-paid membership
orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:18 PM   #30
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: S2000+Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Same, I see them in my USERCP, but clicking on them i just see old stuff.

NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:49 PM   #31
YoitsTmac

My Ride: 01 330Ci "Mia"
so that's it? We lost all our PM's? I too was mid conversation with a few members. I export bi-annually and that time was coming up
|
|

BMWCCA GGC: 530872
YoitsTmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:20 PM   #32
Overboost
//Binary is in my DNA

My Ride: 2002 325i
Some threads are not updating. I see a new post on the side menu of the general forum and when I click on the thread the latest thread is from yesterday and I get an broken icon link at the bottom of the thread saying exelate data?

My PMS are gone too...

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The older I get... The faster I was...
No Fear

Last edited by Overboost; 02-23-2018 at 04:21 PM.
Overboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:33 PM   #33
Solidjake
Shifting

Quote:
Originally Posted by orb View Post
I renewed my OEM membership and it went back to a non-paid membership
Yikes. Adding that to the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
so that's it? We lost all our PM's? I too was mid conversation with a few members. I export bi-annually and that time was coming up
Crap. Not good man

-
-

-
-

Old 02-23-2018, 07:25 PM   #34
wildirish317

My Ride: 2004 325Ci vert
Hope you guys can keep up with all of these.

The "Quick Links" "Your Threads" link is broken. I think the "Your Posts" one is broken too. ETA: Yes, it is.

“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Miller - BIMMER
I just don't know what I'd do with 560 hp that doesn't involve getting arrested.

Last edited by wildirish317; 02-23-2018 at 07:26 PM.
wildirish317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:46 PM   #35
zxseb

My Ride: 330ci 2005
Any update here ? I lost all my pm

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant E46Fanatics
zxseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 01:53 AM   #36
YoitsTmac

My Ride: 01 330Ci "Mia"
Legit feels like the beginning of the end: PM's gone, quick links don't work....my hope is low atm. I hope to be proven wrong
|
|

BMWCCA GGC: 530872
YoitsTmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 07:51 AM   #37
BMW-North
// Quandt AG (Retired) //

My Ride: AMv8,e46,e90,e92,e83
Couple of days ago I started getting my browser hijacked when first loading the General Forum - when the cookies automatically log me in. It was happening on Apple devices using Safari. Contacted Apple and they said the issue is on the host server side and due to advertising contracts. Here's the response from Apple. Unfortunately I didn't capture the redirect screen but it was basically a pop-up window regarding an amazon gift card overlaid on the e46 General Forum page but if you clicked anything you were redirected to a third party site.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4119.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	734710  

BMW-North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:30 AM   #38
se93

My Ride: BMW 328ci AW MTECH2
All of my PM’s have been deleted as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2018, 03:17 PM   #39
cbs_24

My Ride: 2003 330xi
Was trying to purchase bushings from another member and all my PM's are gone. Halp!
cbs_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 03:31 PM   #40
Mr Podman

My Ride: E46 Coupe
Also: The search function has schidt the bed.

podman

Last edited by Mr Podman; 02-24-2018 at 03:32 PM.
Mr Podman is offline   Reply With Quote