One Click INPA install and upgrade to ISTA - Page 5 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-18-2019, 09:49 PM   #81
fanatichuman

My Ride: 2001 e46 330xi
Hi all, everybody dealing with this mega.nz download cap crap.
Make an account and click on the rocket symbol which is achievements. Click download megasync and install the app on ur phone. This will give you 70 GB of free downloads.
Cheers

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
fanatichuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:02 AM   #82
bmw-world

My Ride: 2001 BMW E46 M3
Year: 2001
Model: M3
Transmission: 6-speed
OK, trying to switch over to BimmerGeeks from Mike. Downloaded it from the link provided here but is having problem with my Win10 machine with Defender identifying the St212.exe as infested with a Trojan virus.
bmw-world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:55 PM   #83
mracer101

My Ride: 2004 E46 M3 SMG
Defender is an idiot. I used it and have no issue. If you're worry, run st212 in a VM.
mracer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2019, 02:55 PM   #84
BaliDawg
DEADBEEF BAADF00D

My Ride: E39 E46 E84
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw-world View Post
OK, trying to switch over to BimmerGeeks from Mike. Downloaded it from the link provided here but is having problem with my Win10 machine with Defender identifying the St212.exe as infested with a Trojan virus.
Windows 10 Defender recently started flagging the BMW Standard Tools 2.12 installer executable file as having a trojan. It's only the installer file, all the installed files are fine. I'm guessing because it's such old software that there's some vulnerability related to the installer wrapper BMW used. You can download the same file from another source and see it's also flagged, so you don't think it's only this one.

You'll need to disable Defender and possibly other anti-malware before you can download and install the software.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...a-601385b961db
After the installer finishes it prompts for a Windows reboot. Rebooting automatically turns Defender back on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by BaliDawg; 10-09-2019 at 02:56 PM.
BaliDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:44 AM   #85
bmw-world

My Ride: 2001 BMW E46 M3
Model: M3
Transmission: 6-speed
I'm not too worry about it as this laptop is exclusively for this tool (i.e. no personal info on it to worry about it being stolen). I just wanted to see if anyone else had seen this issue and ignored it and got it to installed and ran fine afterward. Thanks for the info.
bmw-world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 04:43 PM   #86
OnTheFence

My Ride: 2001 330i (and 530i)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumbaOneNewb View Post
Edit: Oh yeah, in case you're all wondering. I am in no way responsible for any damages caused to you, or your car, or your bmw scanner for any of this. This worked for me. I have tried it on windows 7 home premium 64 bit, as well as windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. It worked for me, it might work for you.

I have noticed that some people are having quite a bit of trouble installing this on the 64bit side, even though there are already threads telling them how. After reading through many of them, they only provide partial instructions, instructions even myself, an expert (on a scale between novice, advanced, expert, master) computer user struggled, that is for a few hours. It did make my head boggle up though. So here it is ladies and gents.

Go ahead and install the bmw scanner software. After you're done, plug the scanner into your OBD2 port, without having it plugged into your computer. Wait like 5 seconds (not 100% you even need to wait the 5 sec). Then, plug it in. Your computer will try several things. It'll attempt to find the driver and succeed, or not. Doesn't matter.

Go to http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm and scroll down to the box with listing of drivers of different operating systems. Since we're doing windows, I'm only covering that. The 1st row shows windows. All the way at the right hand side, under comments, you'll see "setup executable". You can download the drivers themselves but this thing does it all for you. Much easier. Once downloaded, install it. A black DOS like window pops up and installs it. The box usually disappears in like 5 seconds.

Once done, go to control panel, then device manager and right click on bmw scanner (usually under other devices) to select update driver software.

Select the option "Browse my computer for driver software". Then pick Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. Select towards the bottom "Universal serial bus controllers. On the next screen, on the left hand side under manufacturer, look for FTDI. When you click on it, to the right, select USB Serial Converter. Then click next. A message will pop up saying armageddon will reign down upon you and your computer if you install this and it isn't compatible. I decided to go for it and take the risk. Once installed, open up your bmw scanner software and start messing with all your options.

Have fun!

Not INPA, but I decided to configure BMW Scanner / PA Soft on a new laptop.
I again used the above directions, and consolidated into the following steps:

Bought this scan tool for $28
https://www.amazon.com/iSaddle-Scann...dp/B008RHJTS2/

Downloaded BMW Scanner v1.4 from here
https://mega.nz/#!hhkw3IIA!28F01OwoH...NTvN9-f1c1opsM

I installed drivers from here:
https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm
  1. Install BMW Scanner 1.4 / PA Soft
  2. Connect reader to USB
  3. Device Manager -> Other Devices -> BMW Scanner v14x
  4. Update Driver -> Browse my computer -> Pick from List
  5. Universal Serial Bus Controller
  6. Have Disk -> CDM v2.12.28 WHQL Certified -> ftdibus.inf
  7. USB Serial Converter
  8. Accept Yes

Last edited by OnTheFence; 11-30-2019 at 01:58 AM.
OnTheFence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 10:28 AM   #87
OnTheFence

My Ride: 2001 330i (and 530i)
I would like to install INPA/ISTA, but this thread seems to have gotten stale.
Thread was started with best of intentions, but now
Dead links, dead photos, etc. Very confusing.

Is it possible for someone update the directions in this thread that are scattered across 5 pages of replies?
There is good knowledge here and it needs to be more a WIKI style home page, not a constantly appended thread.

Last edited by OnTheFence; 11-30-2019 at 07:13 PM.
OnTheFence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 10:46 AM   #88
daves325in2012

My Ride: 2004 330cic
https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showth...topics/1258385

I have my servers links in this thread

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pretty Facelift on..PSS9\\Alpine 9855\\More
daves325in2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 11:35 AM   #89
Cibby600

My Ride: 2001 325I Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheFence View Post
I would like to install INPA/ISTA, but this thread seems to have gotten stale.
Dead links, dead photos, etc. Very confusing.

Is it possible for someone update the directions in this thread that are scattered across 5 pages of replies?
Agreed!

This has become very confusing.
For those of us that have INPA etc (Mikes easy BMW tools) already, is there a simple link to ISTA D or P or +????

So, I already have INPA, NCS Expert etc installed and running fine.
Anyone have ONE link to download ISTA with all necessary files???

The threads floating around have 3, 4 or 5 links that may or may not be dead?
One definitive link to a working version verified anywhere???
Cibby600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:19 PM   #90
daves325in2012

My Ride: 2004 330cic
Just fixed my server's tendency to slow down / drop traffic. Give her another try if it failed before

Pretty Facelift on..PSS9\\Alpine 9855\\More
daves325in2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:34 PM   #91
doukas007

My Ride: e46 320 coupe
Model: 320ci
Transmission: manual
Go to bimmergeeks for ista d rheingold and Bmw standard tools ,for ista p there is a free torrent simply named Bmw ,but it's 153Gb , I purchased a link from Bmw Doctor I think that is 27Gb

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

doukas007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:40 AM   #92
Cibby600

My Ride: 2001 325I Sedan
I downloaded Rheingold from the Bimmergeeks website and installed ok following the instructions in the text file, in the unzipped folders.
ISTA+ ran ok with no errors I could see. Currently using on WIN10 64Bit Laptop.

My question is:

I currently have Mike's easy BMW tools intalled an working fine. INPA etc run fine and communicate with car perfectly.
INPA / EDIABAS is set to use COM1. I have read I need to change this to COM9 to use ISTA+???

Does this mean I have to keep changing com ports back and forth each time I want to use different software? Or will ISTA+ run ok using the COM1 default that INPA uses.

I have not tried to connect to the car with ISTA+ yet.

Thanks in advance.

ANYONE?

Do i just need to make sure ISTA is using the default EDIABAS connection that INPA is using as per the picture? That is COM1?!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ISTA1.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	789755  

Last edited by Cibby600; 12-08-2019 at 08:33 AM.
Cibby600 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
download;, inpa, install, ista, ncs expert