----> Official Formula 1 Thread <---- (Now w/ Fantasy F1) - Page 82 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-23-2019, 08:27 AM   #1621
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E46 ZHP TS2+ Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
Yeah it seems Ferrari didn't necessarily do it to get Vettel ahead of Leclerc, just worked out that way and helped keep them ahead of Max, but Leclerc wasn't too happy, sure he may be Ferraris golden boy but Seb is still a 4 time champ, kid needs to relax.
If they would have pit LeClerc at the appropriate time, he would have taken the win. Instead, they gave him the usual, "Stay out a little longer" nonsense and laughed as his pace died more and more each lap. Once they saw Vettel had the guaranteed pass, they called LeClerc in to pit.

It seems like LeClerc is faster than Vettel, plain and simple. However, he's the new guy and, "Oh, no. I will not be shown up by a child! GRAZIE GRAZIE DA DA DA DATATADADAATTAAAAAA WOO! FORZA GRAZIE RECARO BENE AUDI MONTERO GRAZIE!"

I hope LeClerc tells them to eat shit and ends up at Mercedes once Hamilton retires.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:36 AM   #1622
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
^Someone is angry.

I am just glad someone besides MB is winning races on a regular basis, nothing against them, I actually like Hamilton and Bottas is just there (poor guy is just a seat filler behind Hamilton) but it was getting boring watching them win/claim 2 podium spots every race.

It's also nuts that no one from the top 3 led a race up until yesterday.

Last edited by bgsmith; 09-23-2019 at 08:39 AM.
bgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:03 AM   #1623
Black///M

My Ride: 2004 M3 Coupe
Went to do a number one, came back to the tv and was confused, what happened? I thought for sure it was going to be a Ferrari 1,2...
Black///M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:59 AM   #1624
bgsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black///M View Post
Went to do a number one, came back to the tv and was confused, what happened? I thought for sure it was going to be a Ferrari 1,2...
Vettel retired due to an engine issue shortly after he was overtaken by Leclerc during pit stops, then there was a crash and MB was able to take 1,2.

Old 09-29-2019, 11:27 AM   #1625
bgsmith

Leclerc needs to grow up, Vettel had an amazing start and Leclerc was whining that he wouldn't let him ahead, if that was the strategy/plan great, but you can't do it that early if they wanted to stay ahead of MB.

Tin foil hat on: Ferrari killed Sebs engine for not playing into the team strategy

Old 09-29-2019, 01:49 PM   #1626
Black///M

When Diresta interviewed him, Leclerc said the techs were instructing Vettle and him to take it easy because of some overheating issue. If I remember correctly, he said Vettle pushed a liitle too hard which in turn messed up the car and the reason why he couldn't overtake Bottas.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:12 AM   #1627
SPDSKTR

Pretty sure Vettel rage quit when he realized LeClerc was keeping pace with him without seriously pushing his car. LeClerc is a very talented kid and has a great future ahead of him. I hope he starts pulling championships once Hamilton retires.

Old 09-30-2019, 08:29 AM   #1628
bgsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSKTR View Post
Pretty sure Vettel rage quit when he realized LeClerc was keeping pace with him without seriously pushing his car. LeClerc is a very talented kid and has a great future ahead of him. I hope he starts pulling championships once Hamilton retires.
I don't think so, Vettel has been a miserable bastard all year up until Singapore, even after this race he seemed to be in a great mood after the race, sure LeClerc has leapfrogged him but he is still a 4 time champ who is in the mix every race.

I think both him and LeClerc could have handled things differently, if the plan was to have Charles pass him Vettel was right to delay it as they needed to distance themselves from Hamilton before it made sense to do so.

Also I like that this infighting is going on, adds another layer of interest to what is developing into a pretty interesting season after the snoozefest that was the first half.

Last edited by bgsmith; 09-30-2019 at 09:39 AM.
Old 11-03-2019, 03:56 PM   #1629
bgsmith

Been quiet in here, but Hamilton secured the Championship today, thoughts on if he will go down as the greatest driver ever in regards to accomplishments over Schumacher??

Old 11-03-2019, 05:12 PM   #1630
Stankia

My Ride: Germans
Me thinks he will get 7 next year to equal Schumi but after that the new 2021 regulation cars will arrive and his reign will be over.

Stankia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 09:36 AM   #1631
SPDSKTR

I hope he matches Schumacher's number of titles. I also hope Mercedes figures out how to make the supreme car for 2021. It would be amazing to see someone surpass Schumacher in our lifetimes. However, Hamilton is 34 years old. We can only hope he'll stay as sharp as he is now over the next two years.

Old 11-04-2019, 10:08 AM   #1632
bgsmith

What I find amazing about what Hamilton has done is that he has come so close to Schumacherís numbers in 58 less races.

I like the guy but I do find myself rooting against him each race, I donít really have a favorite team/driver so I guess I just want someone to dethrone the best just to mix things up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	49BCA5AB-49FE-4B21-8568-1CFD568A4C19.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	787281  

Old 11-04-2019, 02:43 PM   #1633
SPDSKTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
What I find amazing about what Hamilton has done is that he has come so close to Schumacherís numbers in 58 less races.

I like the guy but I do find myself rooting against him each race, I donít really have a favorite team/driver so I guess I just want someone to dethrone the best just to mix things up.
That's why you should try to follow the "Formula 1.5" races more. The midfield battles don't get quite the same level of attention as the front-runners do, but I will say that treating the midfield as their own class does make things more interesting.

Old 11-04-2019, 04:41 PM   #1634
bgsmith

Quote:
That's why you should try to follow the "Formula 1.5" races more. The midfield battles don't get quite the same level of attention as the front-runners do, but I will say that treating the midfield as their own class does make things more interesting.
Ain't nobody got time for that, seriously though I barely have time to watch/follow F1, no time to try and dig up info/where to watch these races.

Old 11-04-2019, 05:27 PM   #1635
Stankia

My Ride: Germans
He means the rest of the field outside the Top 3

Stankia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 05:43 PM   #1636
Black///M

Quote:
They did show more mid-fights this past weekend. I can say, I truly enjoyed it.
Old 11-04-2019, 05:58 PM   #1637
bgsmith

Haha I'm an idiot, I feel they do focus a lot on the mid-fights, even more so before the summer break when MB was running away with everything (focusing on the race leaders would have been very boring TV), Ricciardo is probably my favorite driver based on personality and I also am a big fan of McClaren because of their drivers, Steiner at Haas is also awesome too bad everything else about the team blows this year.

Last edited by bgsmith; 11-04-2019 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-17-2019, 04:38 PM   #1638
bgsmith

Crazy race today, I feel bad for Sainz, starts 20th, ends up with his first podium and doesn't even get to celebrate on the actual podium.