E46 Fanatics Forum banner

HELP PLEASE!!!! e46 starting problem.

10K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  NumbaOneNewb 
#1 ·
My 03 325i has had some serious starting problems lately. (Hasn't started in almost 2 months) I let my sister drive my car one day and she brought it back to me with a flat tire. Since I couldn't afford a new tire at the time and I didn't have a spare I let my car sit in my driveway for a while. About 2-3 weeks later when I finally got a new tire I tried starting my car and it cranked but the engine just wouldn't turn over. The last time I had that problem it was cause of my bad fuel pump and low fuel so this time I went and filled my car to a half tank. After putting some had in my car still wouldn't start so I figured it was because I was 2000 miles past due an oil change so I changed the oil and filter myself. After I changed the oil my car wouldn't start due to a dead battery so I used my mom's 745li to charge my battery. After charging my battery for about 10 mins I tried starting my car 3 times and the first two times it cranked but didn't start and ppb the third time it didn't even crank at all and that how it's been for the past 5 days. I was thinking that now maybe my starter isn't working well from trying to start it unsuccessfully too many times. What do you guys think it could be??? Please help!!

#5 ·
I think you should first have the battery fully charged.

Next, if the starter cranks but the engine doesn't fire properly, it could be low oil pressure in the hydraulic tappets, due to excessive cranking and no start.

Check Post #5 in the second link under my sig

#11 ·
Im doomed.

4 months later and i still rely on my girlfriend to take me everywhere cause my car still wont start. Just went and wasted $140 on a new battery and it turned out that wasnt even the issue. Now im thinking the starter went bad after too many unsuccessful attempts to start it. What do you guys think?

#14 ·
My cell phone battery takes 4 hours to charge, my camera battery takes 6 hours, my electric shaver takes 11 hours.................what were you thinking when you concluded that 10 minutes is enough for an auto battery. Not sure why you would not just jump start it on the other car's battery and if successful, drive for an hour (or more) to charge your own battery

#15 ·
Check fuses, especially the ones under the hood in upper right compartment

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.