Can you program DSC to be OFF by default? MK60 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-2020, 03:25 AM   #1
gateguardian

My Ride: Focus>E39>E46
Can you program DSC to be OFF by default? MK60

Was wondering if DSC could be programmed to be off by default and to only have it on after pressing the button?

While we're on the topic of programming - is it possible to program the seat heaters to be on by default, instead of having to turn it on every time I get in the car in the cold months
gateguardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:31 PM   #2
TerraPhantm

My Ride: M3
No and no

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TerraPhantm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:19 PM   #3
Arith2

My Ride: BMW
Year: 2002
Model: M3
Transmission: Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by gateguardian View Post
Was wondering if DSC could be programmed to be off by default and to only have it on after pressing the button?

While we're on the topic of programming - is it possible to program the seat heaters to be on by default, instead of having to turn it on every time I get in the car in the cold months
The seats are on a timer so that's a circuit restriction which makes it impossible. You definitely don't want them on everytime because I feel like the timer would have to be disabled. You could possibly rewire the system to be on with ignition on and a basic on/off push button. That sounds like a headache though and you'll most likely destroy your seat because unchecked, the heating element will get to 400F.

DSC might be possible with the program the software was written with or ingenious coding skill. The ABS would have to be rewritten probably recoded from scatch. The switch isn't a mechanical on because it resets when vehicle shuts off and is turned back on. Because of this, I believe a BMW engineer could do this...

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Megan Racing Headers | Turner Power Pulleys | GruppeM Ti muffler | K&N Filter | ECS Silicone Intake Boot | SMGII w/ CSL | 18" OEM Rims | SS Vanos line | Dinan Strut Reinforcement bars | OEM Sec 1 and 2 Exhaust | OEM Intake | Pioneer Radio | CSL Trunk | Poorly Wrapped Steering Wheel by Previous Owner | OEM Suspension | Aftermarket Driver

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Arith2 is online now   Reply With Quote