E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Live Gauges & Datalogging for Android

9K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  m54e30t 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

Years ago during my ownership of a 135i, I was informed about this app called ALDLdroid. It's Android based application that loads TunerPro definitions (xdf files) and logging definitions (adx files) and enables both logging and tuning of maps from your android device. Its roughly AU$18 in the google play store, and a worthy purchase from my perspective.

I've since become tired of having to carry a laptop with me for logging purposes and the convenience of just hooking up my phone whenever cannot be overstated.

As such I spent some time developing an adx file for MS43 for use with this app. The developer of the app is very responsive to emails and pushing updates to the store. After some thorough testing, we now have a version that I have tested and confirmed works for our DMEs.

At this point in time I have only defined the variables that come in the request 0x12050B031F. These parameters should be all you need to monitor on a regular occurrence and prove useful for live monitoring of gauges as well. By only defining this response the logging speed should be between 8.5 to 11 responses per second.

The app can be found here:
https://www.aldldroid.com

And a short video:
https://youtu.be/aIz_ymjrA3s

Edit:
The file has been removed and has now been bundled into the application. Please support the developer by purchasing his app. He has been extremely helpful over the past month by working with me to test and implement new features for his app in order for it to work correctly with our DMEs.

See less See more
#8 ·
After working with the developer on this, he has successfully built in the checksum calculation for ds2 into the applications so there is no longer a need to disable the checksum to make this work.

I have also given him permission to bundle this file into the source package on google play so I won't be hosting the file here anymore. He should be pushing an update shortly which will include all the new features and files.

#9 ·
I've figured out how to get the DME into 38400 baud rate for faster logging :)

The app didn't work with the codes required to get it to work correctly but as usual, he worked very quickly with me and got an update out within 2 days!

I could really speed up the logging if I knew all the RAM addresses. That way I could combine RAM and ADC values in the one request like I did for MS41.

#15 · (Edited)
The request ID you have in the first post matches the main request for MS45. It returns more than 15 parameters in Testo.

MS42 reports 26 items using 12050B03 going off the list in Testo with the knock sensors being item 23 and 24.
MS43 reports 30 items with same command.

#19 · (Edited)
I understand now.

0B00 and 0B01 need RAM addresses. 0B03 is fixed and doesn't allow changes or reading RAM addresses. It gives a set response with ~26 sensor values. You just need the conversion factors and byte numbers of each output.

I have attached files recorded by Testo from my X3.

info.txt I belive shows the byte order and the data stream is in csv.txt
The long numbers at the end are the request and response. Car was engine off.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.