*** Official E46 Lighting Guide *** - Page 14 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 102 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-10-2017, 11:39 PM   #261
armenh7

My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllRazorlll View Post
After a little more digging it looks like the single xenon projectors have a naturally more foggy lens.

https://www.ledconceptslighting.com/...rojectors.html

Still tempted with TRSís solution though

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
I noticed the today. There are quite a lot of e46's around me and I always examine them. Not only with the e46, but with acura too I noticed that some are crystal clear and others have a "foggy" look
armenh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:40 PM   #262
lllRazorlll

My Ride: Accord Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by armenh7 View Post
I noticed the today. There are quite a lot of e46's around me and I always examine them. Not only with the e46, but with acura too I noticed that some are crystal clear and others have a "foggy" look

Itís weird. In the pic the lens looks clear but in the last link they appear foggy. That Bimmerpost link also had a comment by someone stating that the fog is normal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

lllRazorlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:41 PM   #263
armenh7

Quote:
Itís weird. In the pic the lens looks clear but in the last link they appear foggy. That Bimmerpost link also had a comment by someone stating that the fog is normal

I guess some got a coating of some sort
Old 12-11-2017, 09:35 PM   #264
lllRazorlll

Quote:
I guess some got a coating of some sort
Even brand new E46s seemed to have it

11:00

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:21 PM   #265
lllRazorlll

Anyone try using LED bulbs in place of xenons?

Old 01-21-2018, 03:07 AM   #266
AbdullaJaafari

My Ride: E46 330ci
Quote:
Anyone try using LED bulbs in place of xenons?
Came here to ask the same question.

Any tips of LED bulbs?

AbdullaJaafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:43 PM   #267
Jakl

My Ride: E39 M5, E46 325iT
Year: 2003
Model: 325iT
Transmission: 5MT
Can you not just swap in some factory xenons into a halogen car from someone parting out? Tried searching but found nothing.
Jakl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:45 PM   #268
lllRazorlll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakl View Post
Can you not just swap in some factory xenons into a halogen car from someone parting out? Tried searching but found nothing.
You can absolutely do that

Old 02-02-2018, 11:50 PM   #269
wcushing75

My Ride: 2001 BMW 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by UmnitzaSupport View Post
We build all our own lights, to the specs of our customers mostly but always build in house. You aren't getting something "just off the shelf".

We offer you Canbus non-error ballasts, something many other companies don't do. We also offer retrofitted projectors - FXR and MINI H1, just like the "other guys" minus the fancy shmancy naming trademark (not patent or design).
Do you offer led interior light packages that don't flash or blink nearly causing seizures?

Sent from my [device_name] using E46Fanatics mobile app
wcushing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 06:42 PM   #270
AndresAustin

My Ride: BMW 330ci
Hi Guys. I have a 2001 330 Ci and I "think" it has Xenon lights. The dashboard is showing me a failure in the driver-side head lights. The high-beams, though, work fine.

How do I confirm that it is Xenon lights that I have (would the VIN tell me), and is there a quick diagnostic to see if it's just a simple light bulb that went bad?

Thanks all.
AndresAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 06:42 PM   #271
AndresAustin

My Ride: BMW 330ci
Hi Guys. I have a 2001 330 Ci and I "think" it has Xenon lights. The dashboard is showing me a failure in the driver-side head lights. The high-beams, though, work fine.

How do I confirm that it is Xenon lights that I have (would the VIN tell me), and is there a quick diagnostic to see if it's just a simple light bulb that went bad?

Thanks all.
AndresAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 06:46 PM   #272
HayWagon

My Ride: 03 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndresAustin View Post

Thanks all.
If your car has projector lenses in it, it has xenons. Regular looking reflective bowls are halogen.

Sent from my tractor.
HayWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:34 PM   #273
BryanPendleton

My Ride: 325i
Year: 2004
Model: 325i
Transmission: 5-Speed Manual
How do you know which xenon lights you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

|
|
|
BryanPendleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 11:05 PM   #274
armenh7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanPendleton View Post
How do you know which xenon lights you have?

As in what? Bosch/AL or ZkW?
Old 10-30-2018, 11:06 PM   #275
BryanPendleton

My Ride: 325i
Year: 2004
Model: 325i
Transmission: 5-Speed Manual
Quote:
As in what? Bosch/AL or ZkW?

Yes

|
|
|
BryanPendleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 07:05 PM   #276
Griff330

My Ride: 2001 330Ci
Zevo LED

Anyone tried these? They're $150 a pair so i'm reluctant to purchase without knowing anything.

Thanks

2001 330Ci
Griff330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 02:09 AM   #277
Zaknin

My Ride: 2002 330xi
Year: 2002
Model: 330xi
Transmission: A5S390R
OEM Bi xenon vs retrofit

Guys, I need some advise - I have snatched new AL halogens \w cornering lights, should I go for retrofit or just buy nice used set of OEM Bi-xenon with ballasts and stuff (around 300 USD for a nice pair), move internals to the halogen lights (projectors, shrouds, bowls if needed)? It seems only difference in headlight housings is drilled hole for additional wiring.

I have also bought new halogen euro LCM for v4.5 upgrade (with halogen adjustments), which I want to wire to new headlights (4 wires to each headlight corrector motor <-> LCM). Will manual adjustment work with retrofitted projectors\shrouds, or I am forced to rebuild using OEM bi-xenon?

Car is US spec halogen (so no manual adjustment\bi-xenon wiring).

Thanks!

Drive 2 profile

Last edited by Zaknin; 05-03-2019 at 04:21 AM.
Zaknin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 05:29 AM   #278
armenh7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaknin View Post
Guys, I need some advise - I have snatched new AL halogens \w cornering lights, should I go for retrofit or just buy nice used set of OEM Bi-xenon with ballasts and stuff (around 300 USD for a nice pair), move internals to the halogen lights (projectors, shrouds, bowls if needed)? It seems only difference in headlight housings is drilled hole for additional wiring.

I have also bought new halogen euro LCM for v4.5 upgrade (with halogen adjustments), which I want to wire to new headlights (4 wires to each headlight corrector motor <-> LCM). Will manual adjustment work with retrofitted projectors\shrouds, or I am forced to rebuild using OEM bi-xenon?

Car is US spec halogen (so no manual adjustment\bi-xenon wiring).

Thanks!
I say retrofit. You get more for your money.
I would guess that the adjustment moves the entire bowl vs just the projector but I can't give you an exact answer for that
Old 11-11-2019, 03:14 PM   #279
Cibby600

My Ride: 2001 E46 325I Sedan
I still can't find any information on LED H7 replacement globes to upgrade standard halogen headlights????
Surely people have tried H7 LED globes! I have tries 3 sets from Ebay and they all work ok, but flicker a bit and throw errors!!
Anyone found H7 LEDs that work ok and don't flicker or throw errors?
Cheers.
Cibby600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 03:15 PM   #280
Cibby600

My Ride: 2001 E46 325I Sedan
I still can't find any information on LED H7 replacement globes to upgrade standard halogen headlights????
Surely people have tried H7 LED globes! I have tries 3 sets from Ebay and they all work ok, but flicker a bit and throw errors!!
Anyone found H7 LEDs that work ok and don't flicker or throw errors?
Cheers.

Sorry about the duplicate. Don't know how to delete this message! lol

Last edited by Cibby600; 11-11-2019 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Duplicate
Cibby600 is offline   Reply With Quote