? for fanatics that have bought Thule 753.... - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
? for fanatics that have bought Thule 753....

I got mine from Amazon last week. It came in the original Thule box, but looked like it had been opened previously. The packaging is not that great and the towers rubbed on the cross bars in the box, so they have small scratches on them. They're not beat to hell, but all 4 have at least some little nicks.

So my plan is to return it to Amazon and have them send me another. But I'm looking at the Thule box and it's not built all that great, so I wonder if I'm wasting my time and the next one Amazon sends will have the same scratches. If that's the case, I just have to decide if I want to live with it, return for a refund or try to touch it up.

It's only a roof rack and I don't mind it getting a little beat up when I'm actually using it, but it irks me to buy something new and have it look like it's already used.

Any input from other Thule 753 purchasers on the condition of your rack right out of the box?

TIA
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:10 PM   #2
325CI2004

My Ride: 09 335I
Ordered mine online, not amazon though. No scratches or anything out of the box. If it bothers you, send it back and get an exchange. I know amazon sells new and used items. Are you sure you bought a brand new one?

But, if its not damged too much, just keep them. They will get scratched, knicked, bug goo, etc all over them.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:51 PM   #3
speeedbump

If you're going to end up with a scratched one anyway, you might as well save some money! I've got a used Thule 753 for sale.

You've probably already made your decision but if not, let me know.
speeedbump is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2009, 08:50 PM   #4
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
DAMN IT. You're just a little too late, bro.

Yeah, I returned the scratched one. The replacement showed up properly boxed and with no damage so it's been on the car for a week and carried bikes twice already. I'm very happy with the rack.

Thanks for posting, though. I appreciate the thought.
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:59 PM   #5
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
For later

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote