Dogmobile - Page 4 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Touring

E46 Touring
The E46 touring forum. Talk about your sport wagon E46 here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2019, 07:59 AM   #61
Obioban

My Ride: 05 M3, 01 M5, M3iT
Send a message via AIM to Obioban
Your dogs look like they would eat my dog

.. but, on the plus side, he doesn't shed, drool, or tear up seats

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, Wife's 6mt NA RWD e91, 04 M3 wagon
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car
Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 08:15 AM   #62
Dave

My Ride: 323,330,M3,M3,M3
Those pics make me feel bad about my convertible leather.

I still can't believe that he doesn't have nails that could get in there and scratch it, even if they're kept super short. That amazes me.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:23 AM   #63
George Hill

My Ride: BMWs
Quote:
Originally Posted by yjsaabman View Post
Except for the building and them selling part! Hope that doesn't have to happen!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
For real, I don't need him flooding the market for M3 conversion wagons

No really though, I bet he'll build another one to keep to round out his collection of white on red E46 M3s

Instagram @ HillPerformanceBimmers
George Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 08:38 AM   #64
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Hill View Post
For real, I don't need him flooding the market for M3 conversion wagons

No really though, I bet he'll build another one to keep to round out his collection of white on red E46 M3s
don't worry, I am the king of starting and then never finishing projects. There'll be no flood.

And it's not all white on red. Current plan is all three colors of the ///M logo, in coupe, sedan, convertible. Then the wagon can be either natural brown or beige dyed to cinnamon or maybe M alcantara to tie it all together and keep the theme. No point going too nuts on a custom interior for a wagon whose interior gets absolutely beat to hell by dogs. I like the alcantara idea because it's less cost and custom work, but I don't know what I'd do for brake calipers to match that though.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:32 AM   #65
Steve M3

My Ride: E46s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Three other white over non-beige cars eluded me in recent months after I received an offer to buy my current wagon. Then the wagon offer disappeared too, after I had already spent the money to acquire this:

So that's annoying. Now I have two wagons. Photos of the two together will follow when the new one arrives.

It's auto, sand, non-sport, and an Xi to boot.

But it's a slicktop. And it was cheap. So I *HAD* to do it.

I have already picked up a black Xi carpet, a well-maintained M3 donor, and almost everything else that is necessary to do an M3 swap. Having lost a second income and a roommate, which will cost me $2500/mo post-tax for the forseeable future, I am quite likely to build this slicktop into a white over black M3 wagon and then sell it. Which is going to suck, because it would be really cool to keep.

Obtaining it was quite an adventure, as the seller first didn't believe I was real, would only deal in cash (because Craigslist, can't blame him there), and was way out in Idaho. But as luck would have it, an old high school friend lives out there now. And he's a big car nut. So he was more than happy to make the transaction for me once he got back from a work trip.
Congrats! Beige isn't really that bad once the carpet is swapped and the door panels are two-toned.

Are you planning to keep it AWD with your conversion or convert it to RWD?
Steve M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 07:43 PM   #66
Dave

Oh, if they did black for the carpets and vinyl, noone would have ever hated sand or grey interiors. Would've cost them less to do, too, so it really makes no sense why they didn't.

No AWD. Everything in the car is coming out and being replaced. Including the body harness if it becomes a hassle with different connectors for wheel speed sensors and whatnot.