AVIN Avant 4 - Installation & First review - Page 13 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum

BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by BAVSOUND

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-05-2019, 02:30 PM   #241
paraklas

My Ride: B30_TS2++
Year: 2001
Transmission: 5-Getrag
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylink View Post
Strange how the device will work for a few days and then just go crazy later?

Not too much activity on this device, I'm wondering is that a good or a bad thing?

Would you advise anyone to purchase one of these units?

And visually is there any major differences between the PX5 and PX6 in terms of apps? Radio and so on?
I've dealing with Chinese vendors AND software developers for quite a long time. What AVIN and the similar units seriously lack is quality control - both hardware and software, pre-deployment/release of a new hardware/software.

Development is usually done rapidly to rush the product in the market with the various bugs appearing afterwards. The PX6 is a very nice unit, if more attention detail was given it would be an awesome unit. Visually there is no difference from the PX5 the UI is faster and smoother though.

The later you purchase one of these units, the most likely to have revised software in it with (possibly) bug fixes, however as I said, with the Chinese vendors this is not always the case; you might get a shittier unit. From the rest of the similar units, i would definitely recommend this one.
Old 08-05-2019, 03:06 PM   #242
skylink

My Ride: E46
Thanks for the info, I have been keeping an eye on the issues with the unit, however, the forum seems pretty quiet and that might say the boys are happy or they really not interested If you say its safe Ill tell a mate of mine to go ahead and get one if he has not gone with some other brand.
skylink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:21 AM   #243
SmokeyDP

My Ride: 2001 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylink View Post
Strange how the device will work for a few days and then just go crazy later?

Not too much activity on this device, I'm wondering is that a good or a bad thing?

Would you advise anyone to purchase one of these units?

And visually is there any major differences between the PX5 and PX6 in terms of apps? Radio and so on?
I have the PX6 unit and don't have any issues. There are some settings I'm still trying to figure out, but for the most part, everything is working. I purchased the Android Auto dongle, but haven't had a chance to set it up yet. It requires setting up some software to get it to work. It's really fast.
Schrick cams - AFE intake - Custom Tune - Supersprint full exhaust - Evosport pulleys - UUC Evo 3 short shift kit - Brembo 14" BBK brake kit - Euro rear floating rotors - TC Kline Double Adjustable coilovers - Vorshlag caster/camber plates - Adjustable rear camber arms - Black 2005 competition package interior - Vorsteiner CSL front bumper - 19" CSL wheels

Last edited by SmokeyDP; 08-06-2019 at 08:21 AM.
SmokeyDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 04:43 PM   #244
nleeumd

My Ride: 2006 M3
Year: 2006
Model: M3
Transmission: Manual
Send a message via AIM to nleeumd
Anyone have input on how to install the Avant4 on a 2006 M3 Coupe with factory navigation, not much clarity on what needs to be done? I have the quadlock cable and gps extension but not sure how to get it all connected and there is little resource online regarding this install
'01 BMW 330Ci | PP/CWP/SP/XE/KVT-915DVD | M3 Lip Spoiler | M3 Strut Bar | Jim Conforti Intake | UUC Sway Bars | Philips Ultinon 6000k HID Upgrade | Philips Ultinon 6000k HID Foglights | JL Audio Stealth Box | Clears All Around | 18" ASA AR1's | LED Tails | Rearview Keyhole Camera
nleeumd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 12:00 PM   #245
skylink

Quote:
Originally Posted by nleeumd View Post
Anyone have input on how to install the Avant4 on a 2006 M3 Coupe with factory navigation, not much clarity on what needs to be done? I have the quad lock cable and gps extension but not sure how to get it all connected and there is little resource online regarding this install
Plenty of info" google can be a friend" they do have a guide but not for the E46 with Nav, but its the same story you just need to find the Quadlock in the Trunk and extend it to the dash with your quad lock cable and same with your GPS extension cable and the rest is pretty much all plug and play same as the Avant 2
Old 08-13-2019, 01:03 AM   #246
MrAdventure

My Ride: '99 Z3, '00 328Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by alirz View Post
This is the link sent to me by Avin. https://www.youtube .com/watch?v=X0qsmwnaQA8

Looks like its the same rom process i had seen before on the XDA forum but in this we have the official android 9 update file Avin sent me!
But it seems this modinstaller tool needs to be purchased. I was hoping more of a put the update.zip on the sd card and reboot the unit, type update but it doesnt seem to be the case.
Did you ever receive the update, and have you done it yet? How were they sending it to you?

Last edited by MrAdventure; 08-13-2019 at 01:05 AM.
MrAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:40 AM   #247
alirz

My Ride: E46 M3 Coupe.2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAdventure View Post
Did you ever receive the update, and have you done it yet? How were they sending it to you?
Yes I did get the update from them but I have not installed it yet. I'm told by avin that if you update to Android 9 you cannot downgrade back to Android 8.
Based on my past experience with avant 2, I don't want to end with a sluggish unit by updating especially with no away of reverting.
Eventually I'll update but for now I'm waiting it out till perhaps some other brave person does it.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
alirz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 07:22 AM   #248
MrAdventure

My Ride: '99 Z3, '00 328Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by alirz View Post
Yes I did get the update from them but I have not installed it yet. I'm told by avin that if you update to Android 9 you cannot downgrade back to Android 8.
Based on my past experience with avant 2, I don't want to end with a sluggish unit by updating especially with no away of reverting.
So I guess I'll put this out to everyone - do any of you have a px5 with Android 9 pre-installed? Is it sluggish for you?
MrAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:11 AM   #249
skylink

Just reported that the ScanTool OBD MX and LX BlueTooth devices are not working on the PX6? Anyone have these OBD devices please give advice.