E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Overboost 2002 E46 Build Thread

19K views 52 replies 18 participants last post by  EstateTax 
#1 · (Edited)
Bought my 2002 325i back in 2005 as a base model with premium package from Irvine BMW in California as a CPO. Currently 227,850 miles and enjoyed every mile.

Exterior
  • M Tech II Front Bumper
  • M Tech II Rear Bumper
  • ZHP Side Skirts
  • ZHP Style 135 Wheels
  • H&R Springs
  • Factory BiXenon Headlights
  • Weisslicht Angel Eyes
  • Depo R/C/R Tail Lights
  • Clear Front Corners
  • Clear Side Markers
  • LED Morimoto Fog Lights
  • LED license plate lights
  • LED reverse light bulbs
  • Retrofit Rear Fog Lights
  • Painted Kidney Grill Frames
  • M3 Trunk Lip
  • 35% Window Tint
  • Factory Shark Fin
  • Retrofit Factory Park Distance Control
  • Retrofit Factory Folding Mirrors with Comfort Open/Closing
  • Vinyl Wrapped Roof

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Interior

• Retrofitted Front Electric Leather Sports Seats
  • Retrofitted Rear Triple Headrest Leather Seat
  • Retrofitted Updated HVAC Controls
  • Retrofitted Factory MK IV Navigation
  • European Fire Extinguisher
  • European First Aid Kit
  • LED Lighting
  • M3 Steering Wheel w/Paddles
  • ZHP Black Cube Trim
  • EC LED Compass rear view mirror

Attachments

#3 · (Edited)
Engine, Transmission and Chassis

• Dinan Stage 1 2.5L Flash
  • Dinan Stage 1 ZF 5HP19 Transmission Flash
  • BMW Performance Air Intake
  • M3 Steering Wheel Paddle Shift Operation
  • UUC Wilwood Front and Rear BBK
  • H&R 29485 Lowering Springs F-1.4"/ R-.75"
  • H&R Front and Rear Sway Bars F-27mm/ R21mm
  • Bilstein B8 Front Struts
  • Bilstein B8 Rear Shocks
  • ZHP Muffler

Attachments

#4 · (Edited)
Audio

• Retrofit Factory Navigation
  • Bavarian Sound Werks Sub Woofer Enclosure
  • Bavarian Sound Werks Stage 1 Premium Speaker Conversion
  • 1000 Watt Sub Amplifier
  • Retrofit Alpine 6 CD Changer
  • Retrofit Harmon Kardon Premium Sound Amplifier

Attachments

#5 · (Edited)
Electronics and Coding

• Retrofit automatic lights
  • Retrofit automatic wipers
  • Retrofit 4.0 SW LCM
  • Retrofit European LCM switch with rear fog button
  • One touch triple blink turn signals
  • Modified temperature gauge buffer
  • Dual rear fog lights
  • BiXenon with halogen high beams
  • Front fog lights with high beams
  • Stage 2 and 3 brake force display blinking center brake light
  • Comfort open/closing windows, sunroof and mirrors
  • Hi/Lo message on HVAC controls
  • Hazard impulse speed
  • Crash hazard impulse speed
  • Gong instead of chime notifications

#7 ·
#11 ·
There might be a 30 day program for this problem???

Make sure any replacement is fully optioned out as it may save you a few years!

:thumbsup:

#12 · (Edited)
Word of wisdom! Everything I retrofitted ended up costing me more money than if I had simply bought it with those options in the first place. But then, the journey would have never been as fun. :thumbsup:

#16 ·
Thank you. I am fortunate to have had a garage for her entire life so I may have an advantage on keeping the interior and paint nice for so many years.

Just beautiful.

I know you said it many times that you don't need it. but it will worth it. Swap a b30 in it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using E46Fanatics mobile app
Thank you. I agree B30 and a ZF 6 speed would really be nice indeed but in the end, it is still a $4000.00 car. Weighing the investment against the return is just not logical. I just keep driving it...

This looks amazing. I like the way it looks. Well done!
Thank you. It really says a lot about the factory ZHP styling. I have always thought they were beautiful from the first time I saw one.

#20 ·
Thank you. Sooner or later we all change cars. I only hope the next project has a forum and members with the same enthusiasm as we all share here on E46Fanatics.

Absolutely GORGEOUS car Overboost.

And thanks for all your help and insight when getting mine, and while cleaning it up, ........ ALWAYS greatly appreciated.
Thank you Jochen, I look forward to watching your progress on your daughter's car and the new one you are looking at.

This is the definition of an e46 fanatic. Well done, sir!
Thank you Balidawg. You have been a lot of help over the last couple of years on this one. We all share a passion for the BMW brand, especially the E46 model. All of my knowledge of the E46 came straight from this forum and the members that give their time and experience day in and day out. I love our family.

#18 ·
Absolutely GORGEOUS car Overboost.

And thanks for all your help and insight when getting mine, and while cleaning it up, ........ ALWAYS greatly appreciated.

#23 · (Edited)
Thanks Jake, that means a lot coming from one of the guys cars I used as inspiration. All of this E46 journey has come from the help of this forum alone. :thumbup:

You know it has become a disease when you wax your door jambs and behind the gas flap... :rofl:

#28 ·
Anytime brother. I am in Birkdale and we can grab a Starbucks.

My schedule is insane right now with racing but I am usually in town Monday through Wednesday. Monticello, NY a week ago, Pittsburgh this past weekend, Portland this week, back to Pittsburgh next week followed by Mid-Ohio the following week. One week in Florida with the family for vacation before doing Road America for 2 weeks back to back.

Just let me know when you are in the area. :thumbup:

#33 ·
I agree 100% if I ever do a manual transmission conversion. BMW puts millions of dollars in development of their products so I never disregard their design when it comes to my car. They felt a need to have the mechanical fan for a reason on the automatic transmission, so for now it stays. :thumbup:

#47 ·
Thanks Joseph. Just use our forum to perform the maintenance and detail of your car. Read, read and read some more. This forum is solely responsible for how my car evolved from the bone stock 2002 model with only the ZPP package to the car that always makes me smile when I see her.

I spend a fair amount of time reading forums for any car I have. They are the easiest way to have all the information you need for any given project or issue, and E46Fanatics is the gold standard for your E46. :thumbup:

#51 ·
@Overboost I just stumbled across this thread and recognized the license plate. Some really beautiful work you've done on this car!

We met on 485 near 29 several months back. I was in my black touring, I've made quite a few changes since then but figured I'd drop a hello in since I recognized the car. I also have a white ZHP so it was pretty hype to see another in the wild so close to home.

#52 ·
Hiya neighbor! I do remember that day and I remember your black touring. We all see E46's now as they become less and less common.

Also, mine is not a ZHP, just the look. I fell in love with the design of the MTech II styling back in the mid 2000's and had to have it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.