Forgive me but I want to Enquire about X1 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW News from around the Web

BMW News from around the Web
Submit the latest BMW news from around the world for other E46Fanatics members to check out.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2018, 08:43 AM   #1
NAFF

My Ride: 318!
Forgive me but I want to Enquire about X1

Hello Fanatics,

I have an E46 2004, 318 i and I want to upgrade to X1 petrol Option.
I come from Kenya and as you are aware the roads on these sides are not the best for these cars.
X1 may not be the best 'Off-roader' 'but I am curious about the Xdrive, AWD and how it drives in wet roads with mud.

1. When I get stuck in mud due X1 being AWD does it have an option of locking it into say a 4WD mode to prevent power being reduced on wheels that are slipping but not moving? I would wish all wheels to turn with speed as I step on the gas even if they are slipping just like a 4WD does.

2. Would disengaging DSC (Hopefully X1 has the button) when stuck in mud allow all wheels to slip without cutting power to the wheels?

3. How does the Xdrive affect my driving when I get stuck in Mud?

4. Any literature on this technology would be appreciated too.

Regards
NaffNaff
NAFF is offline   Reply With Quote