Your top 5 inspiring members - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2020, 01:11 AM   #1
BaliDawg
Here to serve yall

My Ride: E39 E46 E84
Your top 5 inspiring members

Who on this forum has inspired you, shared their knowledge, helped you out, answered an important question?

This is your chance to give a shout out to other forum members that made your E46 life better.

In no order, mine would be:
jfoj
mango
terraphantm
jjrichar
Solidjake

Honorable mention:
DBecker
Alex323Ci
MrMCar
TobyB
scottjoh

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by BaliDawg; 05-24-2020 at 01:51 PM.
BaliDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:01 AM   #2
lllRazorlll

My Ride: Accord Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaliDawg View Post
Who on this forum has inspired you, shared their knowledge, helped you out, answered an important question?

This is your chance to give a shout out to other forum members that made your E46 life better.

In no order, mine would be:
jfoj
mango
terraphantm
jjrichar
Solidjake
I responded to a similar thread a few years ago. The list you have is good and I would like to include 50sKid and Alex323Ci. I know there are others who have been helpful but I'm just drawing a blank

Last edited by BaliDawg; 05-23-2020 at 12:18 PM.
lllRazorlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:10 AM   #3
RRRM8E

My Ride: 330Ci
MrMCar who generously shares his professional expertise.
RRRM8E is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2020, 09:43 AM   #4
wasp9166

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
jfoj
solid
jbeurotech
terra
scotjoh

mcar is prob the new jbeurotech

i'm prob forgetting some, i'll update if others spark my memory , getting old

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."

Last edited by wasp9166; 05-23-2020 at 09:44 AM.
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:15 AM   #5
89325iguy

My Ride: 325i,'89,'03
Transmission: Manual
I'm new around here, have only had an e46 for a few months now, so I personally dont have 5 people that I could rattle off.

Alex
Bali
MrM
Dmax

I'm sure someone has helped me that I'm forgetting. I do have to say though, I have gotten good advice here and the atmosphere in this forum is comfortable and I appreciate it/all of you.

89325iguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 11:26 AM   #6
e46alfonso

My Ride: 330xi MT, mustang gt
Going nuts
Mango
e46alfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 11:27 AM   #7
Silverdogz

My Ride: '02 330Ci, '04 330i
Year: 2004
Model: BMW 330i ZHP
Transmission: Manual 6spd
Scott
Bali
Mango
Terra
Solidjake/JFOJ

Silverdogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 03:50 PM   #8
dmax

My Ride: '16 340i xD 6-spd
Year: 16
Model: 340i
Transmission: 6-spd
So many have helped me over the years:

Alex saved me the most $ with his subframe posts

Mango for smacking people down and knocking sense into them.

Terra

JFOJ

Griffin (see the Griffin Challenge thread)

Kalim

Jake

Too many to thank.

BTW, I've just this week heard from the 200th fanatic who PM'd me telling me how much they loved the in-car urinal mod.

See Facebook for upcoming shows...and listen to my podcast!

dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 04:30 PM   #9
TobyB

My Ride: 2004xit, 2001ci
...heh,heh... he said 'member'... heh...

t
loves you all
TobyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 04:33 PM   #10
LeverThis

My Ride: 2004 325i automagic
Paraklas ... and his fearlessness (m56 custom cap, M4 DCT conversion, supercharge my m54, rear subframe reinforcement ...)
BMWNorth
DBecker

Just adding to everyone mentioned above already, and forgetting many others ... this forum in general has been amazing.

:

20mm OD x 12mm ID x 4mm W : Viton O-Ring
3/4" OD x 1/2"ID x 1/16" Thick : Thrust Bearing/Washer
LeverThis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:07 PM   #11
sandman512

My Ride: 2005 325I
JFOJ
BALI
Mango
Solidjake

F it, thanks to everyone who helped me get my E46 to 135K miles. Be well everyone during this crazy times....

sandman512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:19 PM   #12
cvx5832

My Ride: 535i, 325Ci, C300
Too many to mention obviously. E46F is that rare gem of a resource even when talking about the broader automotive universe. A support group, if you will!

But if I were to try, jjrichar and jbeurotech for the variety, depth and straight up obscure information that's helped me over the years.

cvx5832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:36 PM   #13
tangerine-dream

My Ride: 330i Wagon
Flashmeow - post helped w/ 330 conversion
K-peng - confident/arrogant
Mango - knows his stuff. Passionate. And see above under k-peng
TerraPh - name sounds like a great Broadway Protagonist but knows the brains of this car. Helped many times with the wiring harness and Z4 firing order repining
Solid Jake - loved his e46 car, still does....but upgraded to the younger model. Sounds like a relationship to me.
Bali Dawg - helps, supports, replies, manages, provides solutions.
So Many More - all the folks on here - knowledgeable or not have contributed to the longevity of the e46 and DIY folks who are thrilled about arguably one of the most essential cars (not the best) that has so many different types of interchangeable upgrades it's silly....

Yo, thanks to the founders, managers and the whole community!!
tangerine-dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:40 PM   #14
cvx5832

My Ride: 535i, 325Ci, C300
And let's not forget Tim!!

cvx5832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:12 AM   #15
Solidjake
Shifting

My Ride: 2013 328i 6MT
Thanks for the kind words guys. Appreciate it.

In no order;
- 50skid
- terraphantm
- jfoj
- balidawg
- overboost
- dmax

-
-

-
-

Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:20 AM   #16
golf5367

My Ride: E46 325Ci & 330Ci
Year: 2004
Model: E46
Transmission: Manual (of course)
In no particular order:

- BaliDawg
- jfoj
- 50skid
- terraphantm

It goes without saying the forum in general poses some great questions even better resources and insight.

As a geek by trade I have learned so much about the computers in my car than I ever realized and it makes me appreciate the simplicity (so to speak) of our e46 compared to the next gen to today with all the "stuff " the cram into them to make the long term ownership unrealistic.
golf5367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:58 AM   #17
BaliDawg
Here to serve yall

My Ride: E39 E46 E84
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvx5832 View Post
And let's not forget Tim!!
Oh yeah! tim330i is still on here.

BaliDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 01:21 PM   #18
Alex323Ci
OEM ///PLUS

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllRazorlll View Post
I responded to a similar thread a few years ago. The list you have is good and I would like to include 50sKid and Alex323Ci.
thank you sir for the kind mention. im glad info was helpful.

the early members are all gone who we shared info back and forth. Ivegotissues and Laughinggas.
but recent coding info from these (Im sure Im forgetting a few) I have to give a shout out:
BMWNorth
TerraPhantm
BaliDawg

OE CSL WHEELS - OE CSL BRAKES - OE AUTOFLD MIRRORS - CSL RACK - CSL TRUNK - CSL DIFFUSER - AA TUNE - AA PULLEYS - AS 40% SSK - BILSTEIN PSS9s
CF CSL LIP - NAV- BMWP CF STRUT BAR - BMW GROUP N MNTS - GRUPPE M CF INTAKE - SUPERSPRINT - UUC S/S LINES, RTABs - H&R SWAYS - 4.10 M-SPORT DIFF
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 02:46 PM   #19
mega_stihl

My Ride: E46 & E32
paraklas and marcusmarcus also deserve to be mentioned

E46 320Ci FL swapped to 330Ci
Bilstein B12 - H&R sways
mega_stihl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 03:03 PM   #20
paraklas
OEM ///Member

My Ride: B30_TS3
Year: 2001
Transmission: DCT GS7D36SG
thanks!!!

Additionally to all of the members already mentioned which helped me gained so much knowledge here, save on dealer repairs and got to know my E46 to the point of not giving it up nomatter what..

not sure if these are still around here..

ritos540i -- rear mounted turbo
330_ZHP -- ess ts2
MarvelPhx -- my330i site
Ivegotissues666 -- electric seat retrofit (my 2nd mod)
320dem47 -- m3 mirrors retrofit (my 1st mod)
cyberkaa -- S54 retrofit

||

paraklas is offline   Reply With Quote