Umnitza: Am I overreacting? - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 04-28-2005, 02:05 PM   #1
oranguchang

My Ride: '02 325i
Umnitza: Am I overreacting?

This turned out a lot longer than I expected. Here's the Cliff's Notes version:

I'm venting about my experience with Umnitza. Read on if you dare!

I was in contact with Umnitza two weeks ago and ordered the projector46 xenons and some other lighting accessories. I must say that his/her emails were very informative and fast.

But, as soon as I placed the order a lack of communication started to develop. I placed the order on a Friday and was told that I would receive them sometime in the middle of the next week, which was supposed to be last week. I email and email last week and finally get a tracking number for my shipment last Thursday.

So I track my shipment early this week and there are no updates on the website. Immediately, because of all the positive feedback I've seen for Umnitza on the forums, I place the blame on the shipping company and give them a call. Turns out, the tracking number I received was a PRE-tracking number and nothing had ever been picked up for delivery!!!

Keep in mind that this enitre time I've been emailing Umnitza inquiring about my shipment.

I tell them about my disappointment yesterday and the email I get back says Good News! my package might have been sent out yesterday and at the latest it would be sent out today.

That's GREAT! They SENT out my package a week AFTER they had said it would be DELIVERED.

I understand that Bimmerfest was last weekend and they did apologize for the lack of communication because they were "busy", but this just doesn't sound like the type of service that everyone else has received.

There's really no point in this thread other than for me to vent. Am I just overreacting tho? Or would this kinda piss you off too?
oranguchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 03:57 PM   #2
SteelBlueXI

I was talking with Steve and Matt last week and they were out of stock of a lot of HID equipment because customs was holding up their shitment.
SteelBlueXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 12:30 PM   #3
Davidjay

My Ride: 2004 X3 3.0
Send a message via AIM to Davidjay
Matt and steve are great guys!I have bought many things from them and would not go elsewhere.I am sure this will be resolved soon.I think this was just bad timeing with Jim finally out of the picture and the shop moving and Bimmerfest just ending.I had a set on order and am awaiting them as well but I know Matt and I am comfortable with this.

Relax buddy its worth the wait :thumbup:

Old 05-06-2005, 04:39 PM   #4
oranguchang

***Update: Got the package today. Haven't opened the box yet but I have received two phone calls from Matt to apologize and try to resolve the problem. I would like to believe that it was a misunderstanding; if they had told me it would take three weeks then I never would have worried. Time to go pop the hood and put these bad boys in!

Thanks Matt.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:03 PM   #5
oranguchang

Yet another update. No clear corners were sent, the remote kit was missing as well. Was told that they'd be in last Thursday. Get an email saying they won't be in for another three weeks. Buying corners from somewhere else. Lame...
Old 06-06-2005, 02:32 AM   #6
stapler12345

My Ride: E46, F30 2015 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by oranguchang
Yet another update. No clear corners were sent, the remote kit was missing as well. Was told that they'd be in last Thursday. Get an email saying they won't be in for another three weeks. Buying corners from somewhere else. Lame...
lol
stapler12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 10:45 PM   #7
meel330

My Ride: Is still fckin hurrr
umnitza blows..matt is rude.........i wont go on further

meel330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 04:22 PM   #8
SteelBlueXI

Matt has always been good to me, and many others. I've received nothing but the best service and prices from him and Umnitza. I think most of the complaints about Matt come down to the fact that he will not hesitate to treat people they way they treat him. If you're a civil and polite human being, Matt will take care of you. :thumbup:
SteelBlueXI is offline   Reply With Quote