UMNITZA.COM - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 01:22 AM   #1
tngy2k

UMNITZA.COM

All,

I hate to do this, but I have to. You can take my advice or not...your choice. I'm just sharing my experience with Matt @ Umnitza.com

I purchased the LED tail lights back in December of 2004. I installed it and found out it didn’t work properly as advertised: Plug-n-Play, no dealer visit, and no errors on dashboard. So they introduced the Resistor Pack (RP) and claimed that it will fix the problem. Since I had no choice, I had to purchase the RP. Received the RP, installed it and problems still exist. I contacted Matt (Umnitza) and asked about the return policy, since the product was still under warranty. He said in an e-mail, “It's simply that you get your money back minus a bare restocking fee - not the full 20% of course.Just something to cover a) wear an tear if any exists b) shipping from us etc.No more than 5% restocking.” So I wrapped the package the same way he shipped it to me, went to the Post Office to return the package on March 12, 2005. I also purchased the insurance for it. Few days later, I contacted him via email and asked if he receive the package or not, he said he hasn’t receive it yet. I checked the P.O website, and it said it already been delivered. He claimed that he was busy moving to the new location, he didn’t have time to check. On March 18, 2005, I emailed him and said if he hasn’t received the package, I’ll file a claim to P.O, because I’ve purchased the insurance for it. As soon as he saw I mentioned insurance, he jumped on it and asked, “How much insurance?” The next day, March 19, 2005, he said in the email, “yes, we have indeed found it. But we've not opened to confirm anything, we're moving shops, I promise, by the end of the shipping day, I'll know it all:)“. If he hasn’t opened the package yet, why would he care about how much the insurance was??? I kept emailing him asking if he opened the package yet, I received no response. On March 22, 2005, he finally replied with: “We cannot refund you the amount.

I hope you have it insured, but the box is kind of in bad shape, but the LED is broken.

We just opened it this morning:

I have supersized images of this if you need them. Best I can offer you is that I'll help you process the full claim and issue you a refund on the LED resistors.”

So that afternoon (March 22, 2005), I went to the P.O and filed the claim. Usually, when someone file a claim, the P.O will notify the addressee to bring the damaged package to the P.O so they can examine it. Every few days, I sent him an email and asked if he receive the notice from the P.O. He claimed he never received anything. Up until June 20, 2005 (almost 3 months later), he replied he never received anything from the P.O. So I called the lady at the P.O claims department and asked her to check on the status of the claim, she looked it up and said, they already sent the notice to him in the April timeframe. So I told her to resend a new one to his new address. She sent it out with a signature required on July 14. On July 17, the tracking system showed that he has already received it, but when I emailed him and ask, he denied it. I called the lady on July 18 and talked to her. She called Matt, he wasn’t cooperating with her and even hang up on her. On that afternoon, I emailed him, he said he just talked to them, and he will bring the package to the P.O next week. Almost 2 weeks later, he still hasn’t dropped it off to the P.O., but he claimed that he has already dropped it off. I contacted the lady at the P.O, she called the Pleasanton P.O, and found out he has not dropped off the package. On August 2, 2005, I called him on the phone and found out he just dropped it off on August 1, 2005. So he was lying. The lady called the P.O in Pleasanton again, and found out the box he dropped it off doesn’t have any evidence that the package was from me to him. The box has the Fedex label, and it was shipped via Fedex on April 12, 2005. I sent it to him using USPS on March 12, 2005.

The lady sent him an email about how it was a totally different box, he said: “it was his package contents, inside of an exact duplicate box.

It had a different label on it but we ship literally 40-50 of these and had about 3-4 claims. Including a claim on the box that was handed in.

Somehow, during our cleanup- his actual box got destroyed probably. So we took a box from another claim.

It has HIS contents in it. HIS product, etc.

We didn't see the picture you sent. If you want, we can reprint the label for him to put it on that box. It's literally the same box with a different label. “ The new label doesn’t matter, they need to see that the box was damaged by shipping and so it broke the LEDs.

It’s suspicious that he said the LEDs are damaged AFTER I mentioned the insurance and the original box went conveniently missing.

The P.O will not return my money because they don’t have evidence that it was their fault. It costs me about $400 bucks for the LEDs, the RP, the shipping cost and the insurance.

Be warned!!! Matt is very shady when customers are not satisfied with the products and have to return it. HE WILL NOT REFUND YOUR MONEY!
Old 08-10-2005, 01:46 AM   #2
umnitza
877•486•6489

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
This is too much. You threatened and threatened you would post publicly.

Don't you think, for one minute, if we wanted to silence you we'd have paid you off?

Don't you think, for one minute, if we were lying we'd have dragged this out for $300?

Don't you think, for one minute, if I didn't do what I said and you didn't return a BROKEN product we'd have made anyone - including ourselves - go through this ordeal?

You've got to be kidding.

Everyone of you that is our customer gets this opportunity, you aren't 100% satisfied, some little tiny thing or even big thing isn't to your 100% satisfaction, your first THREAT is "I'll post this on a forum".

Think about this logically for a minute, if you threaten us, we don't cowtow to threats. We do what's right.

1) Customer's car didn't accept lights.
2) Customer was UNWILLING to try the things necessary to make the lights work.
3) Customer returned the product and it was BROKEN on the return.
4) The claim was filed, but while cleaning our shop of excess and damaged boxes, his was cleaned out. We returned the box to USPS as we were told to do. We didn't try to cover it up. We did as we were instructed to do.

You have to file your complaint with USPS and go after them.

We'll file whatever papers we need to to prevent you from committing fraud.

EDIT: we always ask our customers to insure their packages back to us.

Last edited by umnitza; 08-10-2005 at 02:44 AM.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:42 PM   #3
tngy2k

WARNING!!! whoever purchase product from Umnitza.com #2

here's my response...

"This is too much. You threatened and threatened you would post publicly."

A: The first time I said I’ll file a complaint to Paypal and to e46fanatics.com was on July 29, 2005. That is over 4 months AFTER I filed the claim. You also asked me to go ahead and file a complaint because you don’t care. Here is a short evidence from the email

Sent: Friday, July 29, 2005 11:11 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: FW: LED

Is it mean you dropped it off already? Or you haven't drop it off yet?

Umnitza Information wrote:
I'll be on vacation for 3 days. On Monday, I'll go visit them.

üm•nitza inc.
---------------
Information
925•922•5777
www.umnitza.com[email protected]

NOTICE: In order for Umnitza to continue to deliver
the highest level of service, we respectfully request
that you include any previous correspondence so
that we can best assist you.

DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted
with it are confidential and are intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed. If you are not the original recipient or the
person responsible for delivering the email to the
intended recipient, be advised that you have received
this email in error, and that any use, misuse, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly
prohibited. If you received this email in error, please
immediately notify
[email protected] .

Sent: Friday, July 29, 2005 10:04 AM

Matt,

Jo called the USPS in Pleasanton and requested the package infomation that you told me you already dropped it off there, but they couldn't retrieve any information on the package. What's going on???

It has been 2 weeks now since Jo contacted you and sent you a request to bring the package to the USPS. It also has been over 4 months since I filed the claim. I really hate to go down to this path, but if you're not cooperating, I'll file a complaint to paypal and to the e46fanatics.com.

Pleasanton:)

üm•nitza inc.
---------------
Information
925•922•5777

immediately notify
[email protected] .

Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 7:30 PM

Matt,

Can you give me the address/location of the USPS that you dropped off the package?

Thanks!

We dropped it off today.

üm•nitza inc.
---------------
Information
925•922•5777

immediately notify
[email protected] .

Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 7:35 AM

Matt,

So did you take it to the USPS yet? Please say you did....

You told me to contact Sheley when she wasn't even at work for that 2 weeks. She was on vacation.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2005, 01:43 PM   #4
tngy2k

"Don't you think, for one minute, if we wanted to silence you we'd have paid you off?"

A: No, you wouldn’t do that. If that’s the case, you’d have paid me long time ago. Not until 4 months later.

"Don't you think, for one minute, if we were lying we'd have dragged this out for $300?"

A: Someone did lie to me. You even said so yourself, either you lied or your people lied about dropping the package off at the PO. You have to take responsibilities for your people.

"Don't you think, for one minute, if I didn't do what I said and you didn't return a BROKEN product we'd have made anyone - including ourselves - go through this ordeal?"

A: First of all, I did NOT return a BROKEN product. All you had to do was to bring the product along with its packaging to the PO and everything is taken care of. You wouldn’t have to pay me anything back.

"You've got to be kidding.

Everyone of you that is our customer gets this opportunity, you aren't 100% satisfied, some little tiny thing or even big thing isn't to your 100% satisfaction, your first THREAT is "I'll post this on a forum".

Think about this logically for a minute, if you threaten us, we don't cowtow to threats. We do what's right.

1) Customer's car didn't accept lights."

A: Then don’t advertise it’s truly Plug-n-Play, no dealer visits, not error on dashboard, worked for all e46s?

"2) Customer was UNWILLING to try the things necessary to make the lights work."

A: Workaround? I bought the RP. Now, since you don’t have a local authorized personnel at my area, the closest one is over 3hrs drive away from me. You expect me to drive up there and pay someone $50 to get it fix when you’re not even sure if it’s gonna work??? That’s insane!!???

"3) Customer returned the product and it was BROKEN on the return."

A: How do we know for sure that it was BROKEN? You can say anything you want, since you don’t have the proof. Do you have the beat up box? Do you have pictures of the beat up box???

"4) The claim was filed, but while cleaning our shop of excess and damaged boxes, his was cleaned out. We returned the box to USPS as we were told to do. We didn't try to cover it up. We did as we were instructed to do."

A: You should know better than that. If someone buy a product from you and claim that it’s BROKEN due to shipping, and they’ll have to return the BROKEN product that costs about $400 back to you in a different box, would you accept it??? I don’t think so…and if you say you would…that’s BS.

"You have to file your complaint with USPS and go after them."

A: I did file with USPS, they would not accept the proof that you provided to them. At the least, you should have taken pictures of the box, etc. Someone mentioned bubble wrap, I kept the same box packaging you sent me and I sent it back exactly the same way.

"We'll file whatever papers we need to to prevent you from committing fraud."

A: Who is committing fraud here? I didn’t used that word with you even when the PO lady said that you were. I didn’t! If in the beginning we sent you the broken product wouldn’t you have said that instead of saying the box was pretty beat up and we should file a claim with the PO? You can file all the papers you want.

"EDIT: we always ask our customers to insure their packages back to us"
Old 08-10-2005, 04:06 PM   #5
umnitza
877•486•6489

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
We stated this last night and will forever state this, since you are once again attempting to defame us on a public forum, we will reply with our own proof.

You're attempting to commit fraud because you were probably denied warranty and now you decided to go after the "little" guy because you can't go after the "big" guy USPS, they simply shut you down and you have no "forum" to complain at.

Look carefully at these pictures - they have your address on it, cropped to not reveal your true identity. EDIT: Here is your real address:
Company:
Address: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX<-- note the #61 on it.

You shipped us broken lights, I showed those pictures to you.

We moved locations, so in the move another post office took jurisdiction of yoru claim. As a result, possibly, your claims letters were not received by us, or they were never sent by USPS.

Yes, my guys lied to me about dropping it off at the post office, that's the only thing in this mess we agree was unprofessional, and I take full responsibility for their actions and apologize to you (and did apologize to you on the phone for that).

I've spent about 8 hours in total with you on this and every single call was a threat to "expose" something that didn't have anything to expose.

I don't know why you insist on publicly showing your ignorance on this topic, but let's say it again:

1) Product shipped to you worked on 3 different cars here.
2) Product did not work for you, we told you to return it, and there was a restocking fee.
3) You THREATENED us on a public forum again, we said, you could try resistors to see if it would work.
4) you purchased resistors, they didn't work, you sent them back, we refunded you immediately, no restocking fee.
5) You refused to go to the dealer and pay a fee to have them attempt to run the LCM fix on it. Again, you threatened us with "public forum chatter" - sorry, I don't cowtow to threats.
6) You returned the product past 30 days - we let you return it. Our policy on the web site CLEARLY states 30 days, you returned it 4 months later!
Quote:
Originally Posted by customer
a) wear an tear if any exists b) shipping from us etc.No more than 5% restocking.” So I wrapped the package the same way he shipped it to me, went to the Post Office to return the package on March 12, 2005.
7) Now, you have the nerve when it didn't go your way, to blame someone else for your mistake of shipping something back to us that was broken. Takes a real man to admit his mistake - I admitted that my employees lied to me and thus I lied to you, did so on the phone, you just refused to admit you're wrong on EVERY other account.

Good day. Don't reply, I'm no longer interested in any more of your lies.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:53 PM   #6
tngy2k

WARNING!!! whoever purchase products from Umnitza.com #3

Here are the responses to Matt's responses:

“We stated this last night and will forever state this, since you are once again attempting to defame us on a public forum, we will reply with our own proof.

You're attempting to commit fraud because you were probably denied warranty and now you decided to go after the "little" guy because you can't go after the "big" guy USPS, they simply shut you down and you have no "forum" to complain at.”

A: WRONG. First of all, I knew that you would NOT return my money because if you would, you would’ve done so a long time ago. Secondly, I NEVER mentioned about you paying me the money in these threads. The reason I started these threads is just to let people out there to be aware. If a vendor can do such thing to one customer, he/she can do it again to other customers. Also, read at the very first line of my first thread, I said: “I hate to do this, but I have to. You can take my advice or not...your choice. I'm just sharing my experience with Matt @ Umnitza.com “. I filed with the “’big’ guy USPS” first, but you did not cooperate to provide the proof. I also requested you to provide evidence to the P.O but you chose not to, this was your reply:

“From: "Umnitza Information"
To: "'Tam Nguyen'"
Subject: RE: USPS ins claim V F858 822 008 us
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 200517:37:59 -0700

for the last time, this is YOUR product. I sent you the original pictures of the original box.

Go do what you have to. You can do what you need to do. You shipped back a broken product, we told you to file a claim. THAT's it, that's all.

üm•nitza inc.
---------------
Information
925•922•5777
www.umnitza.com
[email protected]

immediately notify [email protected] .

“Look carefully at these pictures - they have your address on it, cropped to not reveal your true identity. EDIT: Here is your real address:

You shipped us broken lights, I showed those pictures to you.”

A: First of all, why would you post my address onto the public forum, and give all my personal info to someone else???? Second of all, you could’ve taken a picture of a bad product on top of my address info, who knows??? You need to provide the box as proof, if not, you are responsible.

“We moved locations, so in the move another post office took jurisdiction of yoru claim. As a result, possibly, your claims letters were not received by us, or they were never sent by USPS.”

A: The USPS has proof that they sent the first notice to your address, but you said you didn’t get it. So I told them to send it again to your new address, you still said you didn’t get it. The lady at the PO called you, emailed you, then you finally brought the product to the PO (2 WEEKS later after the day you received the notice)
Old 08-10-2005, 10:53 PM   #7
tngy2k

“Yes, my guys lied to me about dropping it off at the post office, that's the only thing in this mess we agree was unprofessional, and I take full responsibility for their actions and apologize to you (and did apologize to you on the phone for that).

I've spent about 8 hours in total with you on this and every single call was a threat to "expose" something that didn't have anything to expose.”

A: BS. I only made 2 PHONE calls to you during my lunch time on August 02, 2005 for 12 minutes, and the 2nd call was on August 04, 2005, for 1 minute, because you didn’t pickup your phone, someone else answered for you. (If you need proof of this, I’ll provide you with my cellphone statement). And the reason I called you were to remind you to drop off the package at the PO since I’ve been trying to email you for so long.

EXPOSE what??? I’m just speaking the truth that you I’ve tried so many emails to request you to bring to the PO, and the lady at the PO also talked to you multiple times, but you didn’t cooperate. That was why I said if you are NOT cooperating. That’s not THREATENING.

“I don't know why you insist on publicly showing your ignorance on this topic, but let's say it again:

1) Product shipped to you worked on 3 different cars here.”

A: Worked on 3 different cars doesn’t prove enough that it will work on all e46s as stated on your website.
“2) Product did not work for you, we told you to return it, and there was a restocking fee.”

A: I accepted the fee. That was why I returned it, I’d rather take the restocking fee loss than a total loss.
“3) You THREATENED us on a public forum again, we said, you could try resistors to see if it would work. “

A: I THREATENED you on public forum??? When??? I never said anything like that before I tried the resistors.
“4) you purchased resistors, they didn't work, you sent them back, we refunded you immediately, no restocking fee.”

A: Wait a minute, you still hasn’t pay the money for my resistor pack yet. I sent the RP together w/ the LEDs, you NEVER refund me any money.
“5) You refused to go to the dealer and pay a fee to have them attempt to run the LCM fix on it. Again, you threatened us with "public forum chatter" - sorry, I don't cowtow to threats.”

A: Threatened again??? Insane…WHEN??? Why would someone purchase a product that advertised no need to bring to the dealer, no need to change the LCM, then bring to the dealer to fix the problem??? It doesn’t make sense at all.
“6) You returned the product past 30 days - we let you return it. Our policy on the web site CLEARLY states 30 days, you returned it 4 months later!”

A: You told me to, because your product wasn’t as advertised. That was why I returned it.

“7) Now, you have the nerve when it didn't go your way, to blame someone else for your mistake of shipping something back to us that was broken. Takes a real man to admit his mistake - I admitted that my employees lied to me and thus I lied to you, did so on the phone, you just refused to admit you're wrong on EVERY other account.”

A: If I sent back a BROKEN unit, the box wouldn’t be DAMAGED when you got it. But you said yourself the box was DAMAGED.

“Good day. Don't reply, I'm no longer interested in any more of your lies.

to Roosty, we don't succumb to blackmail.
to titansilber, our track record doesn't speak for itself does it? 1000s of happy customers don't speak for our ability to handle customer service to the highest levels possible?”

A: BLACKMAIL??? Posting on the public forum about my experience is BLACKMAIL??? I didn’t know that definition before.

“What's wrong with calling a duck a duck? If the customer thinks that they can commit fraud by blackmailing us into giving them a refund they don't deserve, that's lying. Period.”

A: Again, what blackmailing??? And, I never lied to you. Period.

“There is no grey area, just black and white. The product arrived to us broken, that's it. We admitted fault where my employees told me something that wasnt' true. We apologized for that.
PERIOD.”
A: The USPS will not accept that as EVIDENCE.

“No one is saying he's not allowed, he posted last night, we responded, that's it. What's the point beyond that?

Again, Tam, you don't get a refund. Period. You shipped a broken product to us.”

A: You said yourself that the box was beat up. Again, if I did send you a broken product then you would’ve said that in the beginning, instead of telling us to file a claim with the PO. You never take fault for throwing away the only evidence we both have. So you MUST take responsibility
Closed Thread