Black Roof Vinyl Wrap Pictures - Q&A/FAQ/etc. - Page 18 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 207 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #341
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: Euro
Send a message via AIM to Don Nguyen
This brand new BMW F30 335i sedan came in to have me vinyl wrap the roof in my gloss black vinyl material and to also black out his chrome window trim with the gloss black vinyl material as well. I took some more detailed and up close pictures of the work to show you guys how everything looks once done and to see the finer details of my work/installations. If you guys ever have any specific requests, feel free to let me know. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hlls/Orange County to have the installation done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

[email protected]
Don Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #342
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I had this brand new white Mercedes Benz CLA 250 come in to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car. We went with gloss black vinyl finish for his roof over the matte black or carbon fiber, to give it that factory panoramic look. The owner of this car was from around Irvine / Orange County and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to have the work done. I think the gloss black roof added a lot of character to the car, for such a simple change. The other thing I could have suggested to do on this car was to black out the chrome around the windows too, but that comes down to preference and depends on what type of look you're going after.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

[email protected]
Old 11-20-2013, 09:14 PM   #343
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

This is kind of a bigger picture post than usual, but I had multiple requests for more up close pictures and of certain areas that are pictured below. The owner of this white Audi RS5 had me vinyl wrap the roof and also black out the brushed aluminum/chrome window trim on his car with my gloss black vinyl material. The gloss black roof tied in quite nicely with the large sunroof of the car, to give it a full/complete panoramic roof look. Also, just blacking out the chrome around the windows also changed the look of the car quite a bit, even though the mirrors are still silver. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County from Los Angeles to get the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2013, 10:33 PM   #344
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 11-30-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #345
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 11-30-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old 11-30-2013, 02:43 PM   #346
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Black Friday sales round 2, for those who are interested.

https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...577&highlight=

-Don
Old 01-13-2014, 07:04 PM   #347
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

The owner of this black BMW E60 550i sedan brought me his car because he was having issues with his factory original paint fading. I went over with him and options that were available for his car, and we decided on going with my gloss black vinyl to give him back that factory finish look. Although minor pits and such still showed through the material, overall, I think the results and pictures speak for themselves. It was a huge improvement over what the owner was dealing with before, as far as the condition of his roof was concerned. The owner of this car was also in Orange County and brought his car to me in Anaheim Hills to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

[email protected]
Old 01-15-2014, 12:47 AM   #348
Mflint1326

My Ride: E46 M3
How much would it cost to get an e46 m3 wrapped in gloss black (no Sunroof)?
Mflint1326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:32 PM   #349
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

PM sent.

-Don
Old 01-27-2014, 05:00 PM   #350
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

The owner of this car drove from Los Angeles to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to have me do some vinyl work on his brand new white Mercedes Benz CLS 550. We went with gloss black for his roof, side roof rails, and center portion of the lower bumper. Then for the chrome side window trim, we went with matte black for those. Finally, for the tail lights, I used my transparent red vinyl to red out the clear/white portion of his tail lights to give it a single complete red appearance/color.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

[email protected]
Old 02-08-2014, 11:18 AM   #351
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I feel like sometime the only cars I do are BMWs, then I go on a stretch not doing any BMWs for a while. Either way, the owner of this silver E46 BMW M3 brought his car in to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material. It was also a nice change of pace to have a non-white colored car come in for some vinyl work done. The owner of this car drove his car to my shop in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. I think the gloss black roof on the silver really contrasts and compliments it fairly well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

[email protected]
Old 02-23-2014, 07:44 PM   #352
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

For this white Audi A6 sedan, I vinyl wrapped the roof in my gloss black vinyl material and also lightly smoked/tinted the tail lights of his car. I liked the way this turned out, because the changes with the gloss black roof and lightly tinted tails really gave the car a different look without making it look too modified. If you didn't know or didn't look very closely, most would probably have thought it came from the factory like this. The owner of this car brought his car out to me in Anaheim hills/Orange county to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

[email protected]
Old 03-12-2014, 03:54 PM   #353
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

The owner of this car was from out of state and brought in his car to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to get some vinyl work done on it. He had me vinyl wrap the roof in the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber finish and also had me light smoke/tint his rear tail lights on his white BMW 128i coupe. The owner of this car was trying to replicate the look that the M3 E92 coupes have on roofs stock carbon fiber from the factory. This is as close as you're going to get to that effect/look without actually changing out the entire roof.

Before:

During: Driver/left side tinted/smoked - passenger/right side stock

After:

-Don Nguyen

[email protected]
Old 04-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #354
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

The owner of this car was from Irvine as well and brought their car to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have me vinyl wrap their brand new white Lexus IS350 sedan. I did the roof in my gloss black vinyl material. In addition to the roof, I also did the body line in the rear right under the tail light in the same gloss black as well as right under the front head light, between the headlight and turn signal in the bumper, with gloss black as well. It was interesting doing something different/custom on this car, although it may not be most people's style.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

[email protected]
Old 04-16-2014, 09:25 PM   #355
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I previously blacked out the window trim and tinted the red portion of the tail lights on this BMW E61 5 series wagon. This time he came back to have me wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material. I did the entire roof and the small top section of the rear spoiler, following the lines of the roof. The owner of this car was from Newport and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. This was a big roof to do, and I haven't done many wagons, so this will help other wagon owners get an idea of how it looks like on such a long car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

[email protected]
Old 04-28-2014, 09:09 PM   #356
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I've worked on several cars for the owner of this white Audi RS7 sedan in the past. This time he came by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his RS7 with my gloss black vinyl material to give it the panoramic look. In addition to wrapping the main section/portion of the roof, I also wrapped the smaller rear top hatch part that sits right behind the main section of the roof. This gave it a smooth transition from the roof to the rear glass. The owner of this car came to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

[email protected]
Old 05-31-2014, 11:45 AM   #357
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Had this brand new white BMW F32 335i coupe come by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car with my gloss black vinyl material. The car was brand new, but the owner had actually already started doing quite a few medications to it, by the time it arrived at my shop to have the work done. The gloss black roof looks good, and adds a nice touch to the car, and will tie in the look of the car fairly well as he continues to modify it.

BeforeL

After:

-Don Nguyen

[email protected]
Old 06-02-2014, 03:22 PM   #358
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I've worked on several cars for the owner of this white BMW 650i gran coupe sedan before. This time he brought his car in to have me vinyl wrap the white portions of his roof with my gloss black vinyl material, to finish off and complete the gloss black roof look.

In addition to the roof, I also tinted/smoked the rear tail lights and the front head lights on this car. The film that I used is fairly light, and gives it an OEM+ type look, as if it could have came from the factory like this. In one of the pictures below, I took a picture of the tail lights with the lights on, with one side untinted/stock and the other side tinted/smoked, to give you an idea of how the light output is still with the film applied. You'll see that even with the film, a the light coming through is still fairly bright.

Before:

Stock driver/left side - Tinted/smoked passenger/right side:

Stock driver/left side - Tinted/smoked passenger/right side (lights on):

Stock passenger/right side - Tinted/smoked driver/left side:

After:

-Don Nguyen

[email protected]
Old 06-13-2014, 11:03 AM   #359
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Current availability as of June 13th, 2014:

Monday - Fully booked
Tuesday - 1 later in the day still available for a small job
Wednesday - Various appointments still available
Thursday - 1 appointment available at 4pm.
Friday - Fully booked

I think everyone knows that black roofs and white cars almost go hand in hand, but I actually think black roofs on other colored cars such as this silver C36 AMG Mercedes Benz also adds quite a bit of character to the car. I really like the way the roof looked and turned out on this car, because it gave an older car a slightly more updated look and really makes it look sleek, in my opinion.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

[email protected]
Old 07-14-2014, 08:31 PM   #360
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

On this white Mercedes Benz E350 sedan, I vinyl wrapped the roof of the car with my gloss black vinyl and also blacked out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim with the same gloss black finish. I had some requests to post pictures of cars with roof spoilers that were left white, so here's an example of a car that had the roof vinyl wrapped gloss black but left the roof spoiler body colored. In addition the the chrome around the window trim, I also blacked out the rear trunk chrome bar. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

[email protected]