E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 42 Results
  1. Electronics
    I have an e46 sedan with HK audio. The rear deck speakers and the driver side door tweeters are rattling and sound pretty bad. I want to upgrade my sound system for cheap. The previous owner installed an Alpine head unit/radio, I'm not sure the specific spec. I was thinking about upgrading only...
  2. E46 General
    Hello guys i own a bmw e46 323ci and want to install a subwoofer but to get the the radio output i need to connect a line converter to my amp but i dont seem to find it where it normaly is in a e46 sedan, anyone plz help!!!
  3. Electronics
    I currently have 4 BZRK Audio SQ-T100 Tweeters (60 watt RMS @ 4 Ohms 120 Watt Max) and 4 Kicker 43DSC6504 (60 Watt RMS @ 4 Ohms 240 Watt Max) and Android Eonon GA9450B head Unit. Installed in the car. I am planning on running new speaker wire to all of the speakers and have the crossovers for...
  4. Electronics
    I have the harmon Kardon sound system in my 325xi. The guy who had it before me, blew all the speakers and the amp is also blown. Did this come with a sub? I don't think so. So I've replaced 2 speakers already and that helped. My question is should just replace the factory amp and buy a sub? Or...
  5. E46 General
    Hey so I have a 2003 325i and all my front speakers work but for some reason the back ones don’t. Do you have any suggestions on what this could be? I’ve read some places that the factory amp could be blown but I haven’t had the chance to look at it.
  6. E46 General
    Sometime ago my subwoofers went out so I thought it was the amp had blown from rattling so much. I bought an amp and hooked it up but still nothing. I took it to a family friend that has worked on radios and such for a long time, he couldn’t figure out why the connections wasn’t giving any...
  7. E46 General
    About a month ago my speakers suddenly got really muffled and distant sounding, and I realized that all the tweeters had stopped working. I have the non-HK sound system. I also noticed that whenever I open/move the front drivers side door, there is a crackling noise coming from all the tweeters...
  8. Electronics
    Hi guys, I replaced my OEM navi/stereo with Erisin chinese aftermarket stereo navigation. I left my factory speakers (Hi-Fi system) but my factory amp is out of the game now. Can I use some adaptor to connect my factory amp? Or better to buy aftermarket amp? What is better solution for the...
  9. Electronics
    Okay so I literally have no idea what happened to my speakers so any help or suggestions would be incredibly helpful. So a long time ago I installed an aftermarket kenwood stereo in my e46, it was really simple and worked great. Then a while after that, I decided to install 2 subwoofers and an...
  10. Electronics
    I want install iPhone 6 plus into dash with Soundmanca slide kit to replace my factory stereo in BMW E46. I was considering all options around. 1. I thought about holder and BT adapter, but my BMW Professional (EU) pixels are dying and it's impossible to find new display for this particular...
  11. Electronics
    Hi, I'm thinking on updating current HK setup in my touring. I don't have money for hi end, but need something much nicer than HK - I was totally disappointed with its sound quality. The other requyerment is not to lose factory look until it's completely necessary for my needs. As for now I...
  12. Electronics
    Hello, I bought a 1999 328i last week but I want to upgrade the stereo so I can use Bluetooth and aux and all that. Also the volume control on the current radio is messed up. The dial will increase the volume no matter which way you turn it. Only sometimes will it decrease. Anyways I went to...
  13. E46 General
    Hello all, First I want to say I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH CAR AUDIO/ELECTRONICS. I have a 2005 325i without navigation and without HK. I finally figured out which wire does what for the god forsaken factory amp connector:banghead:. Lets say if I want my aftermarket headunit to power the front...
  14. Electronics
    edit: The problem seems to have resolved itself on it's own somehow. The second time I started my car, the radio came on and it's been working all day since. Kind of wondering why that happened but as long as it's working, I'm ok with that. My radio started to cut in and out and sometimes the...
  15. E46 General
    Hello! I just got my first bmw a couple months ago and when I got it I was aware that the audio did not work... I have now come to realize it is due to water damage on the amp... Somehow there was damage to the weather lining of the trunk, well more the metal underneath, still don't know if I...
  16. Electronics
    Hey guys, Long time reader, first time poster on e46fan. I've researched a fair bit prior to installing mat dynavin clone and amp + speaker set up, yes that includes the 100+ page thread about dynavin but I'm still having a few issues. (Sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere but I haven't...
  17. Electronics
    ok after searching and searching i cant find a clear answer or solution to my question. i want to upgrade the door and deck speakers in my 330ci with nav and hk. after reading i understand that the stock hk amp isn't powerful enough to push the new speakers i'd install. SO.. is it possible to...
  18. E46 General
    I have an '02 330Ci Dinan3 with the HK stereo system. I've never been happy with the sound quality overall, but I've never been able to justify spending thousands to replace the whole system. Now the subwoofer has gone bad (I assume it's the sub's amp that is shot). Anyway, I have a 10"...
  19. Electronics
    Hey all, I've had this subwoofer set up in my previous car, and it didn't sound too good, so i need your opinion on what i should power it with. it is a Kicker 10" L3 solo-baric, here are the specs below: 10" subwoofer with dual 2-ohm voice coils square SoloKon™ polypropylene cone with...
  20. Electronics
    My speakers don't sound at all my radio is working it shows the radio stations turns on and everything. I been trying to read post on here about the same problem and I already checked my fuses I try disconnecting the battery and leave it for 15 mins and disconnected the amp and waited 1 minute...
1-20 of 42 Results