E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 219 Results
  1. E46 General
    Hello for some context I drive a 04 325xi, I've done the coolant over hall and have new parts for everything coolant related except for the radiator. Also note that I live in Colorado and it has been bellow 32f for the last couple weeks. A issue I've been trying to resolve for some time is my...
  2. E46 General
    It's not leaking, just finished some expansion tank job.
  3. E46 General
    Hi all, I recently just done a coolant flush, but I found there's a weird situation that my coolant light would be on only when I drive on highway, and off when I drive off. No coolant light when I drive in city/below 60 mph. I'm positive that I bled the cooling system correctly, according to...
  4. E46 General
    Hi all, I have a 2003 325i e46 M54. I heard the normal operating coolant temp should be 94-96C but when I drive on highway at 65 mph most of the time it stays at 90C (194F) exactly and sometimes even dips to 89C (192F). Is this normal? Just recently done a coolant flush with Valvoline Zerex G48...
  5. E46 General
    Hi there, first post. I just checked the coolant in my 2002 330i for the first time in a long time. It seems to be low/empty. I haven't had any cooling lights on the dash or any overheating problems. Any suggestions? Am I good to pour in new coolant?
  6. E46 General
    Hi all, I have recently encountered an issue where I find myself having to top off the coolant in my vehicle more frequently than before. Today, the situation escalated as I discovered a noticeable patch of coolant on the garage floor. Initially, I assumed it would be a straightforward fix...
  7. E46 General
    Hi, here’s hoping one of you will confidently diagnose my issue and that it’s an easy fix! I have a 318i manual, petrol, year 2000 e46 Yesterday I drove 150 miles, it was very cold outside so I had the heating on. After 50 miles the temp gauge was reading v hot. I pulled over - the coolant was...
  8. Europe
    Hello hello everyone! Riddle me this: On my N42B20 engine, when I disconnect the valvetronic module - it runs at a constant 103-105 Celcius (217-221 F). Buuuuut, when valvetronic is plugged in and working - it fluctuates between 85-105 C (185-221 F). Heats up to 105 -> drops down to 85 -> then...
  9. E46 General
    Hey guys, My E46 was running perfectly yesterday, but today, as I started driving from home, only 10 minutes into the trip, the following suddenly happened:. Red battery on, red oil on, red BRAKE on, temp gauge max out, no rpm. Don't know what's going on. Video included The red battery came...
  10. E46 General
    Hey guys, Yesterday afternoon, I was driving from downtown San Jose (60m/197ft) to Lick Observatory (1271m/4170ft) while the ambient temperature was around 33C/91F. I was a bit concerned about my E46, which is a 20-year-old car, it can go overheating while going uphill. To ease my worries, I...
  11. E46 General
    So I’m taking off my intake manifold to change my main engine coolant sensor, and I encountered a weird ripped off vacuum hose, that comes from the intake manifold itself. It’s an M56, so not the typical M54, so I can’t find anything on this POS. Could anyone tell me what this vacuum hose and...
  12. E46 General
    Hi everyone, I have a question regarding my overheating problem, my e46 has a problem in a hose that connects the coolant container to the engine. I’m not sure the name of this hose. The issue is a leak. I need to replace it. However, I’ve been using regular water to drive around 14 milles...
  13. E46 General
    So I just replaced my thermostat because the code P1620 was coming up, I figured that I should take it apart and see if it is my thermostat, however I just changed it, replaced my coolant, but my temperature gauge keeps fluctuating like this. When I used to drive it before I finally changed the...
  14. E46 General
    Hey, so I bought this car not too long ago and I have been monitoring my oil and coolant levels. First thing since I bought the car was a ccv change, oil change etc. Sometimes when I'm reversing there is a lot of white smoke coming from the exhaust, but only when I'm in reverse. Today I had to...
  15. E46 General
    So I recently bought a 2004 bmw 325ci m54 engine I’m somewhat new to bmws n I have a coolant light up on the dash but not only that I realized today it looks like there’s oil in my coolant there’s no coolant in my oil tho not sure if it is I haven’t overheated my coolant temp runs about 164-167...
  16. E46 General
    Hi, I seem to be having an overheating issue with my car. In traffic the temperature creeps up to 120 degrees Celcius.. So far I have replaced the thermostat, flushed and bled the coolant. I can't figure out what the issue could be as it doesn't happen all the time. My car has enough coolant...
  17. E46 General
    Hello everyone. I'm new in this forum and I have a problem with my car. I drive a 2003 320d Touring with 6 Speed manual transmission. When I go with 3000rpm or higher coolant level light cames on and it stays on until engine rev gets below 3000rpm. Coolant level is fine and bled the system with...
  18. E46 General
    I bought an e46 about a month and a half ago (02 330ci) and it had its fair share of problems i was willing to fix, I bought a whole plethora of stuff to refresh the engine and make it reliable (as it can be for an m54) I bought an oil pan gasket, valve cover gasket (vac leak that i have found...
  19. E46 General
    2003 330xi started leaking coolant 2 days ago. yesterday i replaced the following : expansion tank + cap Upper / lower hoses + sensor on lower Water pump Thermostat it’s leaking a little less now, however i cant seem to find where it’s coming from. If i drive it a bit and park and check it, i...
  20. E46 General
    Hello, So lately my 320d has been showing signs of trouble in the coolant system, the coolant warning light keeps turning on. I couldn t find any leaks and the fluid always comes back to fill up the expansion tank , but only after a minute or two (right after turning tha car off its empty)...
1-20 of 219 Results